Annoyed already

Posted by reviewer | 6:45 p.m. | | 3 comments »

I'm only on page 25 of Janet Chapmans new book, "The stranger in her bed" and I am so annoyed that I can't even wait to do my review before I post this.

In the last few pages of the first book in this series, "The seduction of his wife", Ethan comes home from his first day at the new mill and we find out that he was fired after he punched his new boss in the face. Everyone was outraged when we find out that the new boss is a woman, because that means he hit a girl.

Anyway, this book starts the same day that the first one ends on. Well, the conversation about his first day of worked is changed! Not just a little bit either. It's changed a lot. Sure, some the lines are the same, but mostly is all different. Grrrr.

Rant over.

3 comments

  1. Anne // 8:43 p.m.  

    great, just great. I've got this book and it's pretty close to the top of my TBR pile. I hope overall it's good. Yikes.

  2. reviewer // 12:09 p.m.  

    Hi Anne
    I am about 1/2 way through, and aside from what I posted about, I am enjoying it.

    There are a few references to things that happened in the first book that people will wonder about if they have not read the first in the series. Sometimes series books can easily be read as a stand alone. This one isn't though, imo.

  3. Holly // 3:43 p.m.  

    Ugh. Inconsistencies like that bug the freakin crap out of me.

    I wasn't very impressed with the first book, so I doubt I'll get this one.