Spell of the highlander

Posted by reviewer | 11:12 a.m. | , , | 7 comments »

Spell of the highlander by Karen Marie Moning
Published 2005
Grade: A


Jessi St. James has got to get a life. Too many hours studying ancient artifacts
has given the hardworking archaeology student a bad case of sex on the brain. So
she figures she must be dreaming when she spies a gorgeous half-naked man
staring out at her from inside the silvery glass of an ancient mirror. But when
a split-second decision saves her from a terrifying attempt on her life, Jessi
suddenly finds herself confronting six and a half feet of smoldering, insatiable
alpha male.Heir to the arcane magic of his Druid ancestors, eleven centuries ago
Cian MacKeltar was trapped inside the Dark Glass, one of four coveted Unseelie
Hallows, objects of unspeakable power. When the Dark Glass is stolen, an ancient
enemy will stop at nothing to reclaim it, destroying everything in his
path-including the one woman who may just hold the key to breaking the
ninth-century Highlander's dark spell. For Jessi, the muscle-bound sex god in
the mirror is not only tantalizingly real, he's offering his protection-from
exactly what, Jessi doesn't know. And all he wants in exchange is the exquisite
pleasure of sharing her bed.


*Dreamy sigh* I have only read 4 of KMM's highlander books, but I swear, each Hero gets better and better. It used to be that my favourite loss of virginity love scene was written by Christina Dood in Rules of engagement, but this one in Spell of the highlander has tied. I just realised that both scenes happen on a desk. Hmmm.

This book is fast paced and very very sexy. Jessica frees yummy Cain Kelter from a prison through the glass of an ancient mirror. Together they flee to Scotland and with the help of the MacKelter twins they try to find a way to defeat Lucan, the evil immortal who tricked Cain into the prison in the first place.

My favourite part is when Cain is first released from the mirror and Jessi thinks it's all a dream, so she rubs her hands up his back, plays with his hair, rubs her body against him and then licks his back. You go sister. I would have done that, and much more ;)

Something about KMM is that she is really good at writing a womans anguish. It's passionate and believable.

7 comments

  1. Holly // 3:03 p.m.  

    I love this book. Isn't Cian wonderful? I may need to do a re-read. :)

  2. Kris // 9:15 p.m.  

    I need to re-read this series. Or just go stare at the covers for a while. Or maybe both ;)

  3. Nicole // 10:23 a.m.  

    I have to do a reread of this one, I don't remember the desk part your talking about. Hmmmm. But I do love KMM's hero's. They are all so freaking drool worthy.

  4. Chantal // 11:00 a.m.  

    oh Nicole, how could you forget. It was after his mirror was taken to the Twins' castle, and she summons him out.
    He get out of the mirror and totally ignore the twins & wives who are standing there waiting to talk to him. They start to make out, so everyone else takes the hint and leaves. Gabby rids herself of virginity while bent over a desk. Gawd, it was hot!
    Reread, reread!! LOL

  5. Holly // 3:58 p.m.  

    Hey, did you read LM's new book? I want the review for that one (or did I just totally miss it?)

  6. reviewer // 4:03 p.m.  

    Holly, I have not read it yet. It's sitting on my head board shelf though. I'm trying to get through some of these library books that are due back soon.

  7. Rowena // 5:52 p.m.  

    Goodness this book is the bomb...LOVE me some Cian!