Two for the dough, by Janet Evanovich
Published by
Grade: B-

About the book:
Stephanie's back, armed with attitude -- not to mention stun guns, defense
sprays, killer flashlights, and her trusty .38. Stephanie is after a new bail
jumper, Kenny Mancuso, a boy from Trenton's burg. He's fresh out of the army,
suspiciously wealthy, and he's just shot his best friend.


I reviewed the first first book of this series here, and gave it an A. I think the problem for me is that this one was not as funny as the first. One for the money had me peeing my pants, it was so funny. This time the only funnies were from Grandma Mazur and Stephanie's mom. Plus I really wanted Joe and Stephanie to bang. They came close, but no cigar.

In this book Stephanie is after a guy who shot his best friend. Kenny, the bad guy, has jumped bail. With help from Joe and Grandma, Stephanie is on the job.

Our girl still can't keep out of trouble. She gets into a fight with the slut who her ex husband cheated with, her apt is vandalised (again) She is sent a penis in the mail. Oh, Granny and Mrs. Plum were funny when that happened! Stephanie still sucks as a bounty hunter, but she gets help from Ranger, and of course, Joe is always there sticking his nose in things.

I didn't like how Kenny attacked Grandma Mazur, not once but twice! I can't handle it when old people are abused. It really bothers me. I agree that it was fitting for someone close to Stephanie to suffer some sort of backlash because of her job. I just wish it had been written differently.

Overall, still a great read and I wont wait long before I devour the rest of the Plum books.

4 comments

  1. ~ames~ // 8:11 p.m.  

    If I remember correctly, no uglies bump in the third book either. :(

  2. Chari-Dee // 8:47 p.m.  

    No uglies bump period. Okay, she sleeps with the guys, but you aren't really privvy to any of it. JE just doesn't write that way. I own this whole series, I love this whole series. And One was actually my least favorite. They kind of got a bit (understatement) but with 12, she hit her stride again. LOL and Steph actually grew up some.

  3. reviewer // 10:23 p.m.  

    Ah, well it's good to know that they hit the sheets eventually. LOL

    Hehe, I can't wait to read the rest of the books. Man, Steph just can't seem to stay out of trouble. I hope Grandma Mazur is in all the books!

  4. Isabel // 10:16 p.m.  

    awwww, grandma mazur gets hurts. I have this one in my TBR pile. I've been meaning to start it, but other books have been calling my name.
    I love Grandma Mazur though.