Goldilocks

Posted by Chantal | 7:53 p.m. | , , , , | 7 comments »

Goldilocks by Kimberly Zant
Published by New concepts publishing
Why I read this: I needed to read a book by an author with a last name starting with the letter Z.


Goldie’s car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. Stranded, lost and in dire need, she stumbles upon the home of the three rednecks, Erryl, Farryll and Daryl Bayer.



Well, the summery is almost right. Even though the guys have red necks names, they are actually described as surfer looking dudes.

Goldi is on her to way to view a house that she may buy when her car breaks down. The brothers are away at a party when Goldi breaks into their home in search of a phone. She uses the toilet, gets drunk drinking three beers, eats a pizza, takes a shower, then falls asleep naked in one of the beds.

The brothers come home and do some fighting with each other when they notice the missing beers and pizza. After they discover naked Goldie, she offers herself to them in payment for breaking in.

Goldilocks gets a D. I seriously think that they released to us the rough copy of this book.
First of all, when Goldi left the brothers house after a night of (boring) sex, she was only wearing a shirt that came down to her knees. Not even a pair of panties.
She went from her car to a gas station, then right to the house she planned to see the day earlier. No one at the gas station, or the realtor seems to notice that Goldi is nearly naked.
There were several extra words all throughout the book. Example,

Ever so carefully, she climbed scooted down the bed and climbed off at the foot.

Goldi also 'shrugged' three times in one paragraph.

This book had just 67 pages (on my ebookwise) It took me only 15 minutes to read. There was no reason to have so many mistakes in it.

Seriously, the super hero stories written by my almost ten year old son have less mistakes in them. I want my money back.

7 comments

  1. ~ames~ // 10:54 p.m.  

    LMAO!! Cheesy. And boring sex is never any good. bleh

  2. Isabel // 11:30 p.m.  

    That book sounds horrible. Too bad you can't get the time you spent reading it back too.

  3. nath // 7:12 a.m.  

    Ugh, you got cheated Chantal. Definitively cheated. And seriously, who would break in a house, uses their toilet, eat the pizza and drink the beer and then just fall asleep?!?!

  4. Holly // 10:49 a.m.  

    You know, I read this book and don't remember that many errors. Weird. Email them and tell them you want your money back. :)

    Although...I have several of her books and really liked most of them. ;)

  5. Chantal // 11:12 a.m.  

    Hi Holly, I have another one by her. 'Thief of hearts', I believe it is called.
    Since I have it, I'll read it. Fingers are crossed that I like it.
    And they can keep my $2.50 LOL

    Hi Nath, it's supposed to be a play off of Goldilocks and the three bears. That part was cute, but the rest, Meh!

  6. Kristie (J) // 11:11 p.m.  

    ROTFL - that's just the wacky kind of thing I'd do. Read a book because I haven't read a Z author. In fact that's why I started buying Rebecca York books - because I was tired of Kathleen Woodiwiss being the last on my spreadsheet. Luckily my Y books sound much better than your Z book.

  7. Anonymous // 9:48 a.m.  

    Ah, crap! You and Kristie just HAD to give me something new to obsess over didn't you?!

    Now my OCD is going to compel me to read books based on what letters of the alphabet need more entries in my author index.

    Thanks... thanks so much.

    hmmph