Tempted by Megan hart

Published by Harlequin Spice
Why I read this: Last year I read Broken by the same author. It was a very emotional read, I wanted to see if that would happen again.


I had everything a woman could want. My husband James. The house on the lake. My life. Our perfect life. And then Alex came to visit. The first time I saw my husband's best friend, I didn't like him. Didn't like how James changed when he was around, didn't like how his penetrating eyes followed me everywhere. But that didn't stop me from wanting him. And surprisingly, James didn't seem to mind. It was meant to be fun. Something the three of us shared for those hot summer weeks Alex stayed with us. Nobody was supposed to fall in or out of love. I didn't need another man, not even one who oozed sex like honey and knew all the secrets I didn't know, the secrets my husband hadn't shared. After all, we had a perfect life. I loved my husband. But I wasn't the only one.


Wow. So many words describe Tempted. Yes, it was emotional. Raw, real, powerful, intense. It was a roller coaster of a book.

James and Anne have a good marriage, a great sex life. They each have things that they have not shared with each other. Rather important things.

Alex is James' best friend. The men have not seen each other in years. They had a huge fight one night and for years had no contact with each other. They re connected through email, and eventually, Alex planned a visit.

James had thought that a m/f/m menage was a fantasy for his wife, so with Alex, he made it happen. Things were fine until emotions came into play. Anne started to look at her husband differently, she grew suspicious of why James wanted this to happen. She developed feelings for Alex that she didn't think he returned in the way she wanted them to. It was all a big mess.

I wont called Tempted a romance, but I will call it a love story. The book ends with Anne staying in a monogamous relationship with one of the men. I believe it was the right choice for her.

There is nothing bad I have to say about this book. Sure, there are things that some of the characters did that I didn't like. I found Anne rather selfish to tell you the truth, but I think all the things that happened worked very well for the story. I may not have liked every ones actions or their reasons doing whatever it was that they did, but it worked. It made a very entertaining story that kept me flipping the pages as fast as I could. An A. No question about it, this is a book I will re read often.

The menage aspect wasn't the only thing happening. Anne was having problems with her mother in law and that all came to blows at one point. She was also struggling with her parents and sisters due to things that happened in her childhood. Each of her 3 sisters had something going on that required Anne's attention.
There was not a moment of boredom for me while reading Tempted. Even though there were a number of characters making appearances, the author made sure to keep Anne, James and Alex the focus of the story.
Definitely a keeper.

11 comments

  1. Isabel // 10:29 p.m.  

    I want to read this one too. this is on my wish list.

    Soo... who does she end up with? huh huh

  2. nath // 7:39 a.m.  

    Yeah, Chantal! Tell me! cos I'm not going to read this book, no matter how good people say it is...

  3. Kris // 8:32 a.m.  

    I almost bought this book a couple of weeks ago, now I have to go track it down again. Very good review.

  4. Chantal // 9:07 p.m.  

    Hi Izzy...spoiler....

    .

    ...
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    ..
    She stays with her husband :) After Alex left she struggled a lot with her feelings for both Alex and her husband. Her husband allowed her to have one last 'moment' with him in order to get him out of her system. It was the first and only time Anne and Alex had sex.
    Even though they had done plenty of sexual stuff together, there had not been any actual penetration. There were reasons and conflict about that.

    Nath, you avoid menage books like I avoid religion, lol.

    Kris, read it read it :)

  5. ~ames~ // 12:37 a.m.  

    Ok, I was thisclose to buying this. But now that I read the spoiler, I don't need to. LOL

  6. Stacy~ // 6:54 a.m.  

    I have this one, and I think I'll be reading it soon. Loved your review Chantal.

  7. Chantal // 3:35 p.m.  

    Oh oh oh Amy! Read it! Then we can talk about it. I have so many things to say about stuff that happened. I want to dish about it with someone.

  8. Chantal // 3:36 p.m.  

    Stacy, I can't wait for your review :)

  9. Isabel // 7:37 p.m.  

    Blogger ate my comment damnit. Anyways... Thank you chantal for the spoiler. I love you. I do plan on still buying this. I have some extra cash.

  10. ReneeW // 1:37 a.m.  

    Thanks so much for writing this review. I have been very intrigued by Tempted when I first heard about it and couldn't make up my mind whether to read it or not. I loved both Broken and Dirty and figured I might like this one too. Hart writes 3dimensional characters and stories with difficult subjects but she always makes them work very realistically. And very erotic but not over the top. You totally sold me. It's going on my list.

  11. Anonymous // 6:36 p.m.  

    Don't stop now! Keep spoiling it! What was the big fight about? Why did she stay with her husband? What happened to Alex?