Private Party by Jami Alden
Published by Kensington Aphrodisiac
Why I read this:
I won it from TGTBTU :)

Finding her brand-new husband in flagrante delicto with another woman wasn’t part of Julie Driscoll’s plan for her lavish wedding reception. Now she’s a bride without a groom—but she’s determined to have a wedding night with someone. Her cheating husband’s gorgeous brother will do just fine. Chris Dennison is everything his brother isn’t, and his hard body is the stuff the steamiest sexual fantasies are made of…

Chris isn’t about to turn her down. After five years of dreaming about her, the chance to touch Julie’s delectably luscious body is too tempting to resist. And when she follows him to the tropical resort he’s built from the ground up, she insists hot, wet, skin-to-skin pleasure is all he wants. Now he just has to convince her that he wants more…

This was pretty good. There are not many contemporaries that I can find and enjoy, so this was a treat.

Jules finds her husband, of only a few hours, banging his assistant during their wedding reception. The only person who is on Jules' side about the whole thing in her best friend. Her family thinks she should just forgive, forget and move on with her cheating husband. Instead, Jules seeks out Chris, the step brother of her husband, and her former crush. He gives her a wedding night no new bride would ever forget.

Deciding she wants more from Chris, and wanting to get away from her family and reporters, Jules heads off to the secret hide-a-way resort that Chris owns. There she learns all the joys of sex and love.

I like Julie. She spent her whole life catering to her daddy, doing what he wanted, when he wanted it. Everyone assumed that she was just this spoiled little rich bitch who got to where she was by riding daddy's coat tails and living off of his money. We learn that it's not all true though.

Julie is tested when her father threatens to cut her off and disown if she does not go home to her husband. That was a crucial part of the story for me. I wanted Jules to stand up to all the jerk men in her life so much. I knew that if she got all weak and listened to daddy that it would ruin the book for me. She didn't though :) She grew and became a strong minded woman who proved to everyone she doesn't need daddy and she sure as heck doesn't need daddies money.

Julie rocks! B book. I look forward to reading more from this author.

9 comments

  1. Isabel // 10:09 a.m.  

    This sounds good. Is it an e book?

  2. Holly // 3:04 p.m.  

    This does sound good. And no, Isabel, I think it's a print book. :)

  3. nath // 4:46 p.m.  

    Nice... this sounds like a really good book :D and Holly is right, it's a print book... tradesize.

  4. Chantal // 10:29 p.m.  

    Hi Izzy, it's print :)

    Hi Holly, did you get your copy yet? It's the one we both won at the same time.

    Hi Nath, I miss you, xoxoxoxo

  5. Isabel // 11:44 p.m.  

    I just found it on amazon! WHOOT!

  6. Chantal // 7:02 a.m.  

    Wait! I have 2 copies. I can send you one.
    Just send me an email...

  7. KT Grant // 8:32 a.m.  

    I really enjoyed this book also. Very sexy! *G*

  8. Kris // 8:42 p.m.  

    Welcome back, we missed you. I really enjoyed this book as well. lots of fun.

  9. Stacy~ // 9:37 a.m.  

    Sounds hot, think I need to add it to my list.