This weekend, May 31-June 1'st, we get 20% off all books.
Thats an extra 10% off of. Yay.

Today while I was at Chapters getting some books, there was a man in front of me buying a bunch. He had about 60 books! The cashier asked if he had an irewards card. He said yes, then said that it belongs to his wife.

Uh oh.

The cashier would not let him use it. She said that it has to be his card, and unless his wife is in the store, then he can't use her card.
The guy was pissed.
He and the cashier did some back and forth talking about it, and he ended up asking her to call the manager over.

By that time I had already paid for my books at the cashier next to him, so I had to leave. Shoot. I really want to know if he got to use the card or not.

I'm thinking that the guy should not have said anything about the card belonging to his wife, rather than him. It's not like they ask for ID. Actually, there are not even names on the irewards card. Just our member number.

*shrug*

3 comments

  1. Isabel // 11:12 p.m.  

    damn, i want to know what happened too. lol

  2. nath // 7:38 a.m.  

    Hi Chantal!!

    wassup? :) I've heard about the double discount day too! After I bought like 12 books! Ugh. The clerk asked me if I wanted to return the books, but I said no, cos most I could only get at that particular branch and I wasn't driving all the way back for the books this week-end... but still. Couldn't they announce it somehwere?!?!

    By the way, starting mid-June (I think from June 13), it's the buy 3 get the 4th free sale!

    and yeah, I agree with you. The man shouldn't have said that the card belonged to his wife, but I think he should have been allowed to use it even if she wasn't there. Also, perhaps the best thing for him is to come back on the week-end with his wife and enjoy the 20% off :P

  3. nath // 7:38 a.m.  

    ps - what books did you buy?