May read list

Posted by Chantal | 11:24 p.m. | | 4 comments »

Those of you who were sure I'd read more in May, you were right :-)
Not as much as I wanted, but still, an improvement from the months before.

I'm still waiting for someone who read, and liked, Woodiwiss' The Flame and the Flower to come forward and tell me why they thought it so good. Seriously, I don't get the hype over this book. I don't understand why it is a 'classic'. Not at all.

Gena Showalter's new paranormal series is really good so far. Mind you, I am only a few chapters into the second book, however, I'm enjoying it.
If you liked JR Wards' BDB books, but hated the brothers quirks and dressing style, then you will love The Darkest Night.


1)Naughty Neighbor by Janet Evanovich
2)Stay with me by Maya Banks
3)From dead to worse by Charlaine Harris
4)The flame and the flower by Kathleen E Woodiwiss
5)Deal with this by Lucy Monroe
6)The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter
7)The Prize by Julie Garwood
8)Playing with Fire by Katie MacAlister


On Friday I got a letter from irewards. They were reminding me to re new my membership. They also included a note telling me that in the last year I have saved, get ready for it...

$161. 34

Not bad. I do pretty much live at Chapters, my favourite bookstore. I didn't realize how much it all added up though.
Don't even ask me how much I spent on books these last 12 months in order to save that much, I have no idea, LOL! I do keep all my receipts, so I bet I could add it all up one of these days.

With irewards you save 10% off all books in store. 40% off best sellers-but the books I want are never best sellers, sigh. And you save 5% when you shop online. Every now and then they have the double discount days. I posted about that a few days ago.

4 comments

  1. Isabel // 10:13 a.m.  

    I love The Prize. I've been hearing good things about Gena Showalter's series.

  2. KT Grant // 11:37 a.m.  

    I want a mug like that :D
    I will not comment on how much I spent in books for May.

  3. nath // 12:19 p.m.  

    Hi Chantal :D

    I'm getting there, getting there for the new Showalter series.

    as for irewards membership, I think it's totally worth it! :) I saved 340$ this year... so whatever you spent, I probably almost doubled it! Scary no?

  4. CindyS // 8:40 p.m.  

    The first year I had rewards they used to send that 5 dollar coupon for every hundred you spent - I got 11 in the year so I figured I had spent about 1100 bucks in books. I'm pretty sure I've out spent that in the past few years but I try and block it out now.

    For Nath - I'm wondering if you spent 3 grand! But I think you are pretty thrifty and buy during the sales and I'm sure they count all that in.

    Do they do double discount days on the net? I've often wondered why I only get 5 % online. But I do get airmiles points when I buy on line ;)

    I know I have Gena Showalter's book around here somewhere.

    Cindys