Free Pass

Posted by Chantal | 4:32 p.m. | , , , | 7 comments »

Free Pass by Elizabeth Scott
Why I read this: I stumbled upon the author's blog and read an excerpt that I liked. I was sold in a nanosecond. (By the way, I can't seem to find her blog anymore-and I don't mean her MySpace page. If you know the addy, please post it for me. Thanks :)

Cherisse and Wesley. Melanie and Thomas. Debra and Gordan.

These three couples have shared good times with each other as friends. But as they celebrate their seven-year anniversaries, they're planning to share some even better times - with strangers.

Vacationing in Miami, Cherisse and Wesley are up for more than sunbathing, when Wesley spies a naughty lady through his telescope and Cherisse focuses her gaze on the lifeguard. Meanwhile, Melanie passes on the hot men at her health club and chooses a private workout with an out-of-towner. When her husband accidentally walks in on them, it's anything goes. And at their rental in Greece, Debra and Gordon discover a Russian couple making love in a private show just for them. For the restless Americans it's quite a come-on - and an irresistible invitation.

I'll admit that I went into this book thinking that it would be your typical sex filled romp. Obviously I don't mind sex filled romps, which is why I bought Free Pass, but I was not expecting more than that.
I'm thrilled to say that it was so much more than 3 couple each getting it on with a stranger.

It wasn't as simple as the wives bringing up the idea of sex with someone else, then the men agreeing to it in a heart beat and then going out to find the second girl of his dreams. There were slight to major reservations, lots of talking, and jealousy.

The wives used the seven year itch as an excuse to bring up the free pass to their husbands. At first they told their men that since most cheating happens for the first time during the seventh year of marriage, they will give them a free pass to go head and get it out of their system now, in order to avoid any cheating in the future.

The men decided early on that the seven year itch thing was a weak excuse. After some talking, they got to the real route of why each wife offered the pass.
I'm glad it went that way. If avoiding some cheating that may or may not happen in the future had stayed the reason for going along with the free pass, then I would not have enjoyed this book as much as I did.

I can tell you right off the bat that if you believe that sex should always be totally monogamous and that even consenting couples should never, ever have sex with anyone other than the person they are married to, then this book is not for you.

If you like menage, but can't handle or accept an open type marriage, I say it again, this book is not for you.
The trio of couples are not in open marriages, but they do have sex with other people. Away from and with their spouses.

Free Pass in a B+. At times I felt that there was too much talking going on. I think I may even said, "hurry up and get it on," at least twice.

The best thing about Free Pass is the unexpected outcome for each couple. I liked very much how there was a twist to each situation. Not any of the couples had things happen the way they expected them to. I like being kept on my toes that way.

7 comments

  1. Kris // 5:51 p.m.  

    Sounds good :) Thanks for sharing.

  2. nath // 3:39 p.m.  

    Hmmm, sounds good, but not sure it's for me. Sigh.

  3. Chantal // 6:58 p.m.  

    Kris,
    You're welcome :)

    Nath,
    No, not for you at all. :)
    It was rather good, though. I'm going to order the authors' other books.

  4. Rowena // 7:53 p.m.  

    Wow, this is the first time that I've seen this layout and I love it! This book looks like something I'd want to read soon, so I'll be keeping an eye out for it...great review sweets, nothing wrong with sex filled romps every once in a while. =)

  5. Holly // 2:12 p.m.  

    I have this book in my TBR pile. Actually, I almost picked it up yesterday but opted for Victoria Dahl instead. I'm kind of regretting that now. LOL

    Anyway, I'll probably read it this week sometime. It sounds good.

  6. Stacy~ // 10:35 a.m.  

    Elizabeth is actually Janice Maynard, and I think she might not continue writing these erotic stories. That was the last she'd told me. I did a review of this one for RNTV. The thing with her erotic romances is they leave me feeling a bit uncomfortable. I wanted to like it more than I did. But I'm glad it worked for you :)

  7. Chantal // 10:57 a.m.  

    Hi Ro,
    Yeah, sex romps are fun, lol.

    Hi Holly,
    I can't wait to hear what you think!

    Hi Stacy,
    I have never read anything by Janice Maynard, thanks for letting me know they are the same person. I'll look for JM books now.
    I bought Naughty Housewives yesterday :)