Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis
Why I read this: I won it from Book Binge!

The first in a sensational new series, Jill Shalvis introduces Cameron, Stone, and T.J. Wilder – three bad-boy heroes who effortlessly mix breathtaking adventure and scorching sex appeal.

Accountant Katie Kramer is a quintessential good girl – working hard, recycling diligently, all the while trying to ignore the feeling that she doesn’t fit in anywhere. That’s all she wants. Well, that – and amazing sex, and the kind of daredevil escapade she can look back on when she’s crunching numbers in a dusty cubicle. Which explains why she just took a job in Wishful, California, working for Wilder Adventures and Expeditions. Waking up to find a magnificently built stranger towering over her bed – that part defies explanation.

After wandering the planet for months following a life-changing accident, Cameron Wilder has come back to the only home he knows. Under other circumstances, he might be thrilled to find a gorgeous woman sleeping in his cabin, but now, while he’ll risk his body taking clients on adrenaline-drenched excursions, his heart is off limits. Still, Katie’s killer smile triggers something deep in his gut . . . among other places. Showing her how exhilarating it can be to stop balancing her life as if it was a checkbook is the biggest rush he’s ever felt – and an adventure Katie’s wishing would never end.


The first thing I should say is that I'm very glad to have been one of the winners of the giveaway contest. To tell you the truth, I really don't like the cover at all, and the back cover blurb doesn't make the book sound very interesting. So for those reasons, I'd have not purchased this book.

Do not judge a book by it's cover or back blurb.

This was good. So good. Very good!

I'm kicking myself for even thinking that I would have not read this.

Our heroine, Katie, is the classic boring, good girl. She never did anything wrong, and she never did anything adventurous. After being the lone survivor of a bridge collapse, she decides to take a look at her life, and she does not like what she sees. Boring. Plain. A simple life doing nothing exciting.
She decides to start on a quest of adventures. She doesn't know what it is exactly she will do, except that whatever it is, she wants it to be fun and exciting. What better place to start than taking a job at a place called Wilder Adventures and Expeditions.

Instant Attractions opens with Katie waking up in bed and finding one hot, sexy dude staring at her. It's the prodigal son (in a sense) who has come back after a year away wallowing in self pity.
Cam and Katie are instantly attracted to one another. Katie wants to count Cam as one of her adventures... a night of great sex.

Katie gets her night of hot sex, and so much more.

What I liked best about Instant Attraction is how Katie helps Cam. Just like Katie, Cam was also in an accident that nearly took his life. The difference between the two of them is that Katie decided that because of her near death experience she was going to do something with her life. She was going to live. Cam, on the other hand, did the opposite. He tuned out everyone who cared for him and went off on his own to do... I don't know... feel sorry for himself, I guess. With the help and love a good woman, namely Katie, Cam is brought back to the land of living.

Instant Attraction was a great read. A B read from me.
It had excitement, great sex, a hot hero, a smart heroine and an all around good story.

When is the second book out? I can't wait for it!

CONTEST

Since I was given a chance to read this wonderful book, I am passing a copy on to another lucky reader.

If you want to win a free copy of Instant Attraction all you have to do it tell me what the most adventurous thing is that you have ever done. Or if you are a homebody (like me) then tell me what kind of adventure you would like to go on.

The book will be shipped from Chapters.ca, so I can only send to addresses within Canada or the United States. (sorry!)

10 comments

  1. Lori // 11:26 a.m.  

    Ummm... (whispers) very discreet quickie sex after climbing all the stairs to the very tip top of St Paul's Cathedral in London (there are about 700 stairs). Unbelievably, we were the only people up there for about 10 minutes, LOL. Don't ever tell Karen Scott I desecrated her country.

  2. Holly // 4:55 p.m.  

    OMG Lori! No you didn't! I'm totally scandalized! And, ok, a little bit jealous. LOL

    Wasn't the book great, Chantal? I wish Cam would have stopped feeling sorry for himself a little sooner, but he's a man, so I forgave him. Since we all know most men are just little boys at heart. :P

  3. ~ames~ // 9:36 p.m.  

    I've been meaning to buy this book, but was waiting for a few others to be released first (damn Chapters and their new shipping policy!! Curse you CHAPTERS CURSE YOU)

    Okay, anyway. *blushing* I take it as a sign that I was meant to win this book. Really I do. :P

    Oh but I see there's a catch...hmm..no crazy sexual shenanigans for me. LOL Lori you're awesome! But hmm...I skied on a glacier in France/Switzerland.

  4. nath // 11:03 a.m.  

    Wow Lori!!! That is something!! I did see the church, but didn't climb the stairs... how did you still have energy for a quickie? LOL :)

    I'm not an adventurous person... so I qualify meeting Ames and then going to Toronto and meet you, Kristie and Cindy an adventure :D

    psst - when does the contest end?

  5. Chantal // 12:45 p.m.  

    I'll run it for about a week :)

  6. Lori // 9:32 p.m.  

    ummm... yeah, Holls, embarassed and a little ashamed to say I did.

    I think everyone was so busy looky=looing at the guy having the heart attack at tho bottom of the stairs (seriously, they post a health warning about climing all the stairs) that we lucked out on being alone for a few minutes. We just got carried away with the view and the beauty up there.

    And Ames, I'm completely jealous of you. That must have been totally awesome in every way!

  7. toohotforturtle // 4:57 p.m.  

    Most adventurous thing I have ever done is take off to Mexico by myself, and venture off the compounds...er...*cough, cough*.. I mean resorts, and hang with the locals.

  8. reviewer // 12:55 p.m.  

    It's hard to say, but I would have to go with visiting China, on my own, on a whim.
    I stayed in a tiny hotel that had bathrooms shared by all the other guests. It was gross.

    I got to feed elephants on the street and I drank snake blood.

  9. Anonymous // 12:36 a.m.  

    love to go on a safari love animals

    hope not too late
    ty
    kh

  10. Chantal // 12:40 p.m.  

    Contest is closed. I will announce winner soon.
    Thanks for playing.