Now I know how authors feel

Posted by Chantal | 9:07 a.m. | 2 comments »

Yesterday I was very excited to see that a letter I sent in to the editor had been printed in the paper. Until I got to the name and someone else was there instead.

What are the chances of someone else in my city writing the exact same letter, word for word? Everything from my use of an exclamation point and em-dash?

It's too much of a coincidence. Someone else is getting credit for something that *I* wrote, and it really pisses me off.

I called the paper and they are unsure as to how the mix up happened. They will "look into it and possibly print a retraction."

Sigh.

2 comments

  1. nath // 10:12 a.m.  

    Oi, that sucks!!! I sure hope they will print a retraction... and I sure hope that it was a genuine mistake!

    What was your letter about?

  2. Holly // 2:34 p.m.  

    I want to know what your letter was about, too.

    How annoying that they got the name wrong. I hope they fix it and print a retraction.