Lover Avenged

Posted by Chantal | 3:52 p.m. | , , , | 5 comments »

Lover Avenged by J. R. Ward
Why I read this: Yes, WHY!? I gave up on the series, but a dear friend sent me the book. For what she spent on the hard cover copy and shipping costs, I owed it to her to give it a try.

Caldwell, NY, has long been the battleground for the battleground for the vampires and their enemies, the Lessening Society. It’s also where Rehvenge has staked out his turf as a drug lord and notorious nightclub that caters to the rich and heavily armed. His shadowy reputation is exactly why he’s approached to kill Wrath, the Blind King, and leader of the Brotherhood. Rehvenge has always kept his distance from the Brotherhood, even though his sister is married to a member. Because he’s a sympath, his identity is a deadly secret- the revelation of which will result in his banishment to a colony for sociopaths. And as plots within and outside the Brotherhood take their toll against Rehvenge, he turns to the only source of light in a darkening world- Elhena, a vampire untouched by the corruption that has its hold on him- and the only thing standing between him and eternal destruction.

This will be short and sweet because I don't want to waste any more of my reading or reviewing time on this series than I have to.

The brothers still dress in leather, they still wear shit kickers, and they still have a stupid vocabulary of words.
The Lessers continue to bore me.
Ward is so busy flipping back and forth from storyline A to story line B to story line C to Storyline D, etc, that there is not near enough time for me to become invested in the supposed h/h.

This series used to excite me. It used to make me happy to follow the brothers and watch them fall in love.
Ward's odd story lines and inability to keep my attention makes this a DNF. I don't care what happens to anyone in this series any more.

5 comments

  1. Isabel // 4:45 p.m.  

    give us examples of some of the lame vocabulary words. I need a good laugh.

  2. Bev(QB) // 8:50 p.m.  

    *MMWAHHH* I seriously lurve you. I just couldn't drum up the enthusiasm to buy a hardcover in this series (I personally think they jumped the shark by releasing it in hardcover anyway) and now that you're telling me I'm not missing anything exciting, I may not be arsed to buy the paperback next year.

  3. nath // 2:54 p.m.  

    LOL, great review Seneca :D

    It's mean from me, but the more people who give up on this series, the more I cheer :)

  4. Rowena // 8:00 p.m.  

    Nath,

    LOL, me too!

    This review made me crack up at work so if I get in trouble AGAIN Seneca, I'm coming after you...you're too cute.

  5. KT Grant // 1:46 p.m.  

    Please tell me you go to the scene where Rehv cooks for Elhena? That is beyond sexy and what happens after.