Never seduce a scoundrel, by Sabrina Jeffries

Published by, Pocket Feb 2006
Grade: A

Back cover reads:
Lady Amelia Plume has many admirers -- it's too bad
they're all fortune hunters and fops who can't provide the exotic adventures she
seeks. But the ballrooms of Mayfair have become much more appealing since the
arrival of Major Lucas Winter, an American with a dark past and a dangerous
air.



Lucas is brash, arrogant -- and scandalously
tempting. Every thrilling kiss sparks hotter desire, yet Amelia suspects that
Lucas has a hidden motive in wooing her. And she intends to discover it, by any
means necessary...



Amelia is a great heroine. Smart, flirty (when she needs to be) tough, and sweet. For sure one of my favourites.

She meets Lucas while attempting to deliver a letter into the bed chamber of Lucas' cousin.

Lucas is an American officer who is there looking for a criminal. That criminal just happens to be Amelia's step mother.

In order to get close to the family and learn as much as he can, Lucas courts Amelia. Amelia knows that he is investigating her step mother and even though she is angry that he is using her, she decides to fight fire with fire so she pretends to be a stupid dimwit. She can tell that he doesn't like annoying females, so she plays the half brain whenever he acts about her step mother.

Fed up with him using her, Amelia decides to confront Lucas, but before she can do that she is kidnapped by a suitor who wont take no for an answer. Lucas chases after her and because she was missing for 2 days, she has no choice but to marry or forever be ruined in the eyes of society.

They are now married, but Lucas is still determined to arrest Amelia's step mother. Amelia is hell bent of protecting her step mother, because she knows that she is innocent.

There is a happy ending, so of course everything is worked out, but for a minute there I was worried for our couple.

Oh, the love scenes are hot, hot, hot in this one.

I have said it before, but you must check out this authors website.


It's my opinion that she has one of the best author sites on the web. She comments on the covers of her own books. Come on, thats awesome! I know I'm not the only cover snob out there.

Be sure to look at her pages for this book. She gives us a lot of information about her research.

4 comments

  1. ~ames~ // 7:35 p.m.  

    Hey Chantal,

    Sorry I've been MIA for so long. :P I have this book in my tbr pile-and I'm glad you liked it too.

  2. Holly // 11:42 p.m.  

    I think I have this book TBR, too. I think I'm on the fence about SJ. I seem to remember she was very naughty, but her characters were a little too cliched for my tastes.

    Then again, I always get her mixed up with someone else (can't remember who right now) so I could be wrong. lol

  3. Nicole // 3:59 p.m.  

    I've been wanting to read these books forever. I so need to get them. Can you tell me the order of them?

  4. reviewer // 4:40 p.m.  

    Jazz, this was the first in the series. In order they are

    1)Never seduce a scoundrel
    2)Only a duke will do
    3)Anthology: The School for Heiresses
    4)Beware A Scot's Revenge

    I have only read the first one, this one, but I plan to read the others. All in proper order of course.