Hot Spell, Anthology
Published by Berkley Sensation
Grade: Over all, C

About the book:

Venture into a world beyond the ordinary, where the dark passions and
voracious appetites of vampires, werewolves, demons, and a few undaunted mortals
combine to unleash a potent spell... Here are lovers to tempt the imagination:
Eyes that glitter with keenness born of ancient knowledge. Hands that move with
a tenderness belying superhuman strength. Inviting smiles that reveal
exquisitely lethal fangs. Rippling, leonine muscles. There's danger in the
air...and heat.


The Countess's pleasure, by Emma Holly.
This short story is about a Yama who falls in love with a human. It was alright. I'm not a huge fan of the Yama demon world.
The Heroine, who is a virgin widow, asks a Yama who she just saw in a strip show to have sex with her and se will pay him. He trying to make money for something, so he agrees.
Like I said, it was alright.
The reason she was still a virgin is because her husband could not get an erection. He taught her how to perform oral sex, and she did it often, but the guy never got it up.
There was supposed to be some big secret as to why he was impotent, but it was never revealed.
I give this one a C.

The breed next door, By Lora Leigh
Part of the Breeds series. I have read a lot of Lora Leigh, but this was my first Breed book. Everyone raves about the series, and now I see why.
The Heroine, Lyra, finds out that the sexy, annoying man living next door to her is a Breed. Breeds are not born, they are created. Half man & half animal. Tarek is a Lion Breed.
After Tarek stops a man breaking into Lyra's house, he makes her spend the night with him. The next day, after finding out that they are mates they spend two days going at it. There is a bit of action when some men break into Tareks house an attempt to assassinate him.
I am left with a few questions, but I'm sure they will be answered once I read the others in the series.
I gave this novella a C+

Falling for Anthony, by Meljean Brook
I read a couple chapters of this one, then skipped to the end and read the last page. I couldn't get into it. I don't like the Heroine. She was much to forward for the time period. Her attitude was nothing like I have ever read in a historical. I bet if it had been a contemporary I would have liked it.
This one is a DNF

Blood Kiss, by Shiloh Walker
Why have I never read Shiloh Walker before? I must be insane. I feel like I have missed out on some great reads! I'm totally gonna scoop out her back list now.
In Blood Kiss, a king werewolf falls for the daughter of his enemy. When her father, who is a Vampire, decides to play pimp daddy with her, Roman-the Werewolf, mates with her and marks her so that all the Vampires who are lusting after her will back off. Fighting action, betrayal, great great. Awesome read.
I give this a B+

0 comments