Lord Perfect

Posted by reviewer | 1:58 p.m. | , , | 10 comments »

Lord Perfect, by Loretta Chase
Published by Berkley March 2006
Grade: C-

About the book:

Tall, dark, and handsome, the heir to the Earl of Hargate, Benedict
Carsington, is known for his impeccable manners and good breeding. Benedict
knows all the rules and has no trouble following them--until Bathsheba Wingate
enters his life. Now, the two must embark on a rescue mission that puts them in
dangerous, intimate proximity. Fortunately, Benedict is in perfect
control--despite his mad desire to break all the rules. Perfect control. Really.


This wasn't as good as I was led to believe. At All about romance it was voted as the best funny, the best couple and the best cabin/road romance.
Well, I found it rather boring.

Bathsheba and Benedict set off to find their daughter and nephew who have run off to find a treasure.
The daughter, Olivia is a little hellion. I liked her the best out of everyone in the story.

I didn't feel a connection to the Heroine. The Hero wasn't at all desirable to me, and the story dragged on in several places.

The one thing that saved this book from being a DNF (or even a D) was the fact that I liked Olivia so much. Usually, older kids ruin a book for me. In this case, they saved it.

I will not be re reading this.

10 comments

  1. Anne // 3:32 p.m.  

    Okay, the cover and the title would have turned me off immediately. EEK. Freaky. Seriously, freaky. Not my cuppa.

  2. Kris // 4:24 p.m.  

    I have not read this one and it looks like I probably wont. ;)
    FYI- if you like erotic author Sasha White, she is having a giveaway at her blog for Canadians only.

  3. reviewer // 4:50 p.m.  

    Thanks for the tip about Sasha White!

    Anne, ins't that cover horrible? Yucky yuck.

  4. ~ames~ // 6:30 p.m.  

    Thank you thank you thank you!!

    LOL I'm just so glad to have found someone else who doesn't think this book is that great. It's a relief to know I'm not going crazy. hehe

    Despite not liking kids in my romance novels, I preferred Olivia as well. Weren't her notes the funniest? I loved those. I hope her and um what's the boy's name? get their own book someday-I think LC has great talent and I just know she could give those two kids a great story.

    Have you read Lord of Scoundrels? Sooo much better and one of my all time faves.

  5. reviewer // 10:12 a.m.  

    Ames, I have not read Lord of Scoundrels. I have seen it at the library though, so I'll put it on hold for my next trip there.

    Chantal (I can't log in)

  6. reviewer // 10:22 a.m.  

    WTF? I had to post as anon on that last post because I could not log in.
    Weird.

  7. Nikki // 2:30 p.m.  

    I have tried to like Chase, but I gave up. I read Lord of Scoundrels thought it was just OK. Then I tried this book. I agree with you a C.

  8. Holly // 4:23 p.m.  

    I'm feeling the exact same way about Mr. Impossible right now. I've been reading it for almost a month now and just can't fall into it. LoS was AMAZING. Loved it. But MI? Nope, not feeling it.

    I have Lord Perfect TBR, and I'm thinking I'll just leave it there. lol

  9. Nicole // 10:17 a.m.  

    I will not be reading this because of the cover alone. OMG how horrible can they get? Who creates these? They should be fiered!

  10. reviewer // 5:55 p.m.  

    I hate the cover, too. The only reason I even bought this book is because it was SO popular in the AAR poll, and was supposed to be really funny.

    It sucketh bad.