One for the money, By Janet Evanovich
Published by St. Martin's Press
Grade: A

About the book:

Welcome to colorful Trenton, New Jersey, and the wild and wonderful world of
Stephanie Plum. In One for the Money, rookie "apprehension agent" Plum may be a
bit wet behind the ears, but nobody's gonna take it easy on her; especially her
first skip, an ex-cop and murder suspect named Morelli.


I read this book on the recommendation of the gals at SF.
It was laugh out loud funny. By the end of chapter one I had broken out into laughter at least three times. There have been a lot of books that are supposed to be funny, but this is is truly funny. I was reading it while waiting for my son to get out Karate class, and when I kept laughing one of the other parents wanted to know what was so funny.

Stephanie Plum is a down on her luck. She lost her job and she has no money. She blackmails her cousin into giving her a job as a bounty hunter. With her first assignment she has to bring in Joe. A cop on the run and wanted for murder. He is also the guy she gave her virginity to. She later ran him over with her car because he didn't bother to call her after taking her on the floor of her father's bakery.

Stephanie's Grandma should have her own book. She is a hoot! I loved every scene that was she was in. If this was a movie, she would have stolen every scene, and won an Oscar for it.

I got the 2'nd and 3'rd book for this series, but
Ames told me not to read them one right after the other. How do I work this? Read one from the series a month, or just put a few books between them? Hehe.

3 comments

  1. Jennie // 4:48 p.m.  

    I love the Plum books! A lot of people have given up on the series, but not me. Some are better than others, but they're all funny, imo.

    And I went on a major binge when I first discovered the series a couple years ago. I think I read the first 8 back-to-back. It worked for me! LOL. To be honest, I couldn't help myself.

  2. Rowena // 7:48 p.m.  

    I love the Stephanie Plum books, they are so funny! I read these a few years ago and have read every book but the last book out, but I'm looking forward to reading it...this one was hella good, Grandma Mazur? Yeah I love that old lady!

  3. Nicole // 10:57 p.m.  

    You know that's my home town (er, city) your reading about right? Born and raised in Trenton. Lived there till I was 17. That's partially why I love reading the books, cause I know the places.

    I've only read the first three though, I have the rest, maybe I'll read them now.