Strange Attractions

Posted by reviewer | 9:50 a.m. | , , , | 3 comments »

Strange attractions, by Emma Holly

Published by Berkley Sensation
Grade: B

About the book:
Determined not to repeat her mother’s mistakes,
high-school dropout and unrepentant heartbreaker Charity Wills is eager to get
an education any way she can. When she’s offered a chance to go to college for
free, she jumps at it. There’s just one little catch.


She must travel to the estate of B.G. Grantham, a
reclusive physicist who likes to play sex games as exotic as the particles he
studies. B.G. is obsessed with the unattainable: the meaning of life, the
mysteries of desire, and the thrill of being refused the one thing he craves.
Charity has more than enough spirit to provide a challenge—especial with Eric
Berne, her sexy “keeper,” to lend a hand . . .



I have had this in my TBR so a really long time, but I was afraid to read it. See, I started collecting all of EH's back list, but I wouldn't even read the back of the book first. I just saw her name on the cover, then bought the book. When I got home and read the back of this one it put me off. To me, it sounded like she was going to be play sex games with a guy who gets off on rape scenes. Ew.

Boy, was I ever wrong. I'm kicking myself for not reading this sooner.

B.G and Eric have been best friends since they were 8, and lovers since they were teenagers. B.G is a genius physicist who loves to play erotic games with Eric and special guests they invite to B.G's home.
Charity is one of these guests. I liked her. She is strong willed, she is open to all sorts of things when it comes to sex. She is so simpering virgin. She gets shy sometimes, but she knows what she wants with sex, and she gets it.

Eric doesn't know that with Charity, it goes beyond the regular games that he and B.G play, B.G is secretly trying to push Charity and Eric together. As much as he loves Eric, B.G knows that he can't give Eric a normal relationship. Not because they they are bisexual, but because B.G just doesn't think he is cut out for it.

B.G's plan backfires when not only do Eric and Charity fall in love, but B.G falls in love with her, too. Both men feel a sense of guilt as if they are betraying the other. Poor Charity is stuck in the middle..but enjoying it all, of course.

I was unhappy at the end, only because I wanted it to keep on going. I think they came up with a good solution for each other, and B.G seems like he is happy about it. I want to read more though. Oh, and the sex is hot, hot, hot! Even if you don't like the sub story going on, or the all the quantum talk, the sex is more than makes up for it.

3 comments

  1. Kris // 2:47 p.m.  

    I really enjoyed this book too. I bought this one and Personal Assests about the same time when I was glomming Emma Holly. I do wish the book had been longer as well.

  2. ~ames~ // 8:24 p.m.  

    I was working on a review for this one! LOL But you beat me to it.
    I liked it-but the sex wasn't up to par with her other novels that I read. Despite that, the sex was still hot. :)

  3. Nicole // 4:16 p.m.  

    I read this awhile ago. lol. It was back when I was embaressed to buy erotica, I read it in the store. haha. But your right it is really hot, I wanna reread. I need to buy this to own.