Since I read them so close together, I decided to review these 2 Stephanie Rowe books together. Date me baby one more time

published by Warner books
Grade: B


Justine Bennett is cursing her life. She’s the Guardian of the Goblet of
Eternal
Youth, she hasn’t left the house in ages, and it’s been over 200
years since
she’s had sex. Oh, and the Goblet has shape shifted into an
espresso machine.
Not exactly the stuff grand destiny is made of...
Derek LaValle is worried.
Due to a family curse, he’ll be dead in the
space of a week unless he finds the
Guardian of the Goblet of Eternal Youth
and beheads her. Which wouldn’t be a
problem if she wasn’t so sexy, smart...
and ready to behead him right back.




Cute and funny! Derek believes that if he beheads Justine, and then drinks from the Goblet of Eternal Youth then the curse that is killing the men in his fmaily will be lifted. Justine wont let him kill her or get to the goblet, So, with the help of her mother..an ex-Guardian who is being courted by Satan and her best friend-a cybersex addicted slut stuck in Dragon form, they set out to find a way to lift the curse before Derek's birthday.

I loved Satan the best. He is so outrageously conceited that you can't help but like him. Satan is in love with Justine's mother Iris, and has been trying to get into her pants for 200 years. He takes her on dates, gives her stuff and doesn't seem to care that she shoots him with water to melt him whenever he make she mad.



Must love Dragons
Published by Warner books
Grade: D+



Theresa Nichols is a red-blooded young woman—trapped in a red-hot dragon’s body.
then the chance for a real-live date with her cyber boy toy Zeke sends her
running to Satan to strike a deal. After all, when you've
gone without sex for
over two hundred years, a night of good lovin’ is worth
your eternal soul,
right?
Zeke Siccardi is a private detective trying to
live a normal
life—and outrun his dragon-slaying past. Not easy to do when
his sexy online
paramour turns out to be a dragon with a contract out on her
life. Now Zeke has
to protect a woman he was born to kill. But with the love
of a fire-breathing
sexpot, how hard could it be?




This wasn't even close to being as good as the first one. I found myself skimming the pages, and at the height of my boredom I skipped to the end to read the last few pages, then went back to finish the book. I couldn't stand to make it a DNF after I enjoyed the first one so much.

I liked Theresa a lot more in the first book, when she was in full Dragon form. For some reason, having her human didn't work for me.

Theresa meets her cyber sex boyfriend and finds out that he is a now ex dragon slayer. Some active slayers plus her ex boyfriend are after Theresa so he teaches her how to fight them.

I don't know, this one but it didn't work for me. Satan gave me a few laughs, but I didn't like anything else about the story. Sorry.

2 comments

  1. nath // 8:20 a.m.  

    Hey Chantal :D

    I've just started He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not... the new book in the series. So far, lots of laughs from Theresa and Satan :D I'm not done yet, but I think this one will be better.

  2. Chantal // 9:03 a.m.  

    I'm glad to hear that, because I do plan to buy it.
    The second book was a disappointment for me, but I liked the first one enough to read on.