Where to buy Ebooks?

Posted by Chantal | 8:36 p.m. | | 7 comments »

I am loving my ebookwise! Just one small snag though...Where the heck can I buy ebooks and pay for them using paypal?

I'm talking mainstream books, not erotica. All my fav adult reading ebook sites take paypal, so thats not a problem.

I have filled up my cart at three different ebook seller sites, but they don't accept paypal. PP is my only option for buying online. I don't want to use my credit card because DH gets the bill, and I don't want to hear him nag. It's a lot easier for me to just use pay pal, cause the money comes right out of my bank.

Please please please, if you know of any ebook sites that take Paypal then let me know what they are.

One of the ebooks in my cart is Lord of Scoundrels. The copy I had I was forced to bring back to the library before I had a chance to read it (again). The person who had put the hold on it lost the dang thing. I'd love to read it if I could pay for the thing with paypal. Argh!!

7 comments

  1. Wendy // 11:02 p.m.  

    Looks like Fictionwise takes Paypal.

    See:
    http://www.fictionwise.com/help/paypal.htm

  2. Anne // 11:14 p.m.  

    www.fictionwise.com
    www.ebookwise.com

    For fictionwise, you can buy them in secure microsoft reader, then download a converter, and convert it to html. I use the program here, http://www.convertlit.com/download.php, and when you download from fictionwise you need to be in internet explorer... at least I find I can't be in firefox, but it may just be my settings.

    Enjoy!

  3. Anonymous // 1:51 a.m.  

    Hi Chantal! What Anne said, except you need IE only for the Secure Microsoft format. (Microsoft are asses like that.) I use Firefox for all other formats. That's the only thing stopping me from buying an Ebookwise...I really need a reader that can cope with Mobipocket format, which is my favourite.

  4. Chantal // 7:29 a.m.  

    Thanks gals.

    I'd love to by from ebookwise, but
    I don't see a paypal option. Am I just blind?

    With fictionwise it looks likes I have to use micropay if I want to use payapl. I don't really want to do that though. I guess I have no choice, right?

  5. Kaz Augustin // 7:45 a.m.  

    Yep, no choice! :) If you do go down this route, I'd recommend joining Fictionwise's Buywise Club. It's amazing how quickly all those little Micropay credits add up. When you also add the Buywise discount, I think it's a really good deal. I'm not sorry to say I'm a member and I buy my romances almost exclusively in electronic format, even from the NY houses. It really saves on shelf space!

  6. Holly // 11:34 a.m.  

    I've never really paid attention to the PP thing because I just generally use my CC. But I can see where you'd have an issue.

    Glad the others were able to help. :)

    And I have a question...Why the heck can't you buy eBooks in a format for your eBookwise on Fictionwise? That's just dumb. Fictionwise OWNS eBookwise, right?

    Grrr.

  7. Lori // 12:40 a.m.  

    Chantal, I meant to tell you that Samhain also takes Paypal - their books are really good.