Hot Six

Posted by reviewer | 9:43 a.m. | , , | 6 comments »

Hot six by Janet Evanovich
Published by St. Martin's Press
Grade:A


Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum and Trenton vice cop Joe Morelli join forces to find the madman killer who shot and barbecued the youngest son of international black-market arms dealer Alexander Ramos. Carlos Manoso, street name Ranger, is caught on video just minutes before the crime occurs. He's at the scene, he's with the victim, and he's the number one suspect. Manoso is former Special Forces turned soldier of fortune. He has a blue-chip stock portfolio and no known address. He moves in mysterious circles. He's
Stephanie's mentor-- the man who taught her everything she knows about fugitive
apprehension. And he's more than her friend.
Now he's the hunted and Stephanie's the hunter, and it's time for Stephanie to test her skills against the master. But if she does catch him. . . what then? Can she bring
herself to turn him in? Plus there are other things keeping Stephanie awake at
night. Her maternal grandmother has set up housekeeping in Stephanie's
apartment, a homicidal maniac has selected Stephanie as his next victim, her
love life is in the toilet, she's adopted a dog with an eating disorder, and she
can't button the top snap on her Levis.
If you read my review for the last Plum book, you'll know that I gave it the lowest mark in the series so far. I was nervous to start Hot Six, because I thought that maybe, it would be a let down, too. It wasn't though!
The laughs were as good as the first book, and the story line was entertaining.

Ranger is the big skip that needs to be brought in. Vinnie tries to give the file to Steph, but she refuses it. Instead, the file goes to Joyce, who we all know is the slut bag ho' who banged Stephani's Ex husband on the dining room table.

Even though Ranger is wanted by the police, Stephanie doesn't lift a finger to bring him in. In fact, she teams up with him to help him find out who the real killer is.

The last book had a cliff hanger ending. As much as I wanted the mystery man to be Ranger, I knew that it was Joe. No worries though, because we see a lot more of Ranger than we do Joe in this one.

So many things had me grinning ear to ear and LOL'ing. Stephanie and Lula stealing dog poop from a lady at the park, Steph and Lula taking down a naked guy. Stephanie's pimple problem! Every time someone said anything to her about it I started to laugh.

The best part was all those midnight visits from Ranger. All those kisses from him, too!! Every time he calls her 'Babe' *I* get tingles.

How can you not love a book that has Steph and Ranger rolling around on the floor with his hand up her top. Oh, yeah.

Grandma Mazur learning how to drive. Stephanie's new dog barfing and crapping in the car of some bad guys trying to steal him. There are so many funny moments in Hot Six!

Read my reviews of books one through five.

6 comments

  1. Nikki // 10:00 p.m.  

    This is my favorite of the series. I still read the series, because I am hoping for another one like this. I love Joe all the way. I like Ranger but he is like a fling kind of guy. Joe is the real thing.

  2. nath // 7:53 a.m.  

    I agree with Nikki, Joe is the real thing... unfortunately, Stephanie doesn't seem to realize it. I'm glad you're enjoying the series though :D and I can't wait for your review of the next few books!

  3. Isabel // 10:02 a.m.  

    ummm, why are they stealing poop? lol. Grandma mazur driving. oh hell! lol

  4. Chari-Dee // 3:02 p.m.  

    I just re-read the entire series in order to get ready for tomorrow's release of 13. My favorite is 12. I call it Ranger's book. Stephenie actually seemed to grow up a bit in it, and the laughs were all there, too. It really is a good mix. I know a lot of people trashed it, but I loved it.

    As for Joe vs Ranger. I'm a babe all the way! Joe makes Stephanie feel bad. I wonder why no one else seems to see this, but he does - a lot. It was made more and more evident as I read each book back to back.

    Go Ranger!!! Yummmmmmmmmmm

  5. Chantal // 4:38 p.m.  

    Hi Nikki, I like Joe, too. I like Ranger better though. This book was so funny!

    Hiya Nath. I can't wait to read them :)

    Hi Izzy, Lula and Steph were stealing poop because they wanted to set out a burning bag of poop for someone to stomp on.
    These bad guys were following Steph around, and she was trying to distract them. Of course, it backfired, and instead of just getting dog shit on themslevs, the bad guys ended up kicking the burning poop onto their car with caught on fire. LOL.

    Hi Chari-Dee, I am working my way up to number 13. I started pretty late though, so I feel left out when people talk about the higher books. I'll get there soon I hope.
    Have fun reading number 13!

    P.s- Please tell me that Steph gets naked with Ranger in one of the books??

  6. Isabel // 9:51 a.m.  

    LMAO!!! Poor Steph!!!