My June reads

Posted by reviewer | 9:41 p.m. | | 7 comments »

At the start of June I had planned to only do re reads. That got old pretty fast, so after about 5 books, I started reading new (to me) books. I have a problem with not finishing things that I start. Just like my half finished quilts and scrap book albums, I gave up on my re reading.


It was a rather good reading month. 25 books. I just want to mention a few things about some of the books I didn't review.

Lydia Joyce's Voices of the night was very well written. It's about a young girl thief who becomes the mistress of a nobleman. She has suffered memory lose since she was a child, so she doesn't know that she comes from a very high class family. I like LJ's writing style. It's really smooth and easy to read. Her characters are complex, but no so much that you need a shrink to figure them out.

Hara's Legacy you can buy from Samhain. It is about three brothers and the eldest brothers wife who all have phsycic powers. One of the brothers have a vision of the future about aliens attacking. He moves his family to safety, but after a few years of living in isolation, the other brothers start to get testy. Most women died during the first alien attack, and their sister in law is pretty much the only female around. After one of the brothers (the one married) has another vision of the future, he and his wife make the decision to invite the other guys into her bed. In order for their family to survive the next alien attack, she needs to be pregnant. He cannot give her a baby, and his brothers are the only option.
It sounds odd, but it's all explained in the book, and it makes a lot of sence. If you liked the Men of August series, or Colters woman, then you will like Hara's Legacy.

1)Ready by Lucy Monroe
2)The seduction of his wife by Janet Chapman
3)Drop dead gorgeous by Jennifer Skully
4)Her best friends lover by Shiloh Walker
5)Child of her heart by Cheryl St.John
6)A third party by Chris Tanglen
7)A third and a fourth party by Chris Tanglen
8)Beware a Scot's revenge by Sabrina Jeffries
9)Voices of the night by Lydia Joyce
10)Night pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon
11)Night embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon
12)High Five by Janet Evanovich
13)The rest falls away by Colleen Gleason
14)Hot six by Janet Evanovich
15)A Loving Scoundrel by Johanna Lindsey
16)Hara's Legacy by Bianca D'arc
17)Loving Lies by Lora Leigh
18)Feels so right by Carol Lynne
19)Forbidden Pleasure by Lora Leigh
20)Improper English by Katie MacAlister
21)Bought: The Greek's Bride by Lucy Monroe
22)The Marriage Bed by Laura Lee Guhrke
23)Seven Up by Janet Evanovich
24)Catch a Mate by Gena Showalter
25)The Arrangement by Emma Wildes

7 comments

  1. Mailyn // 11:49 p.m.  

    I keep telling myself that I'll start counting all the books I read and, with my terrible memory, I always forget. LOL.

  2. nath // 8:29 a.m.  

    LOL, aren't you lucky that your books don't have images in!!! Lucas looks so interested in the book! LOL :P

    25, wow :P you're good, really good :D I only read 11 this month :(

  3. ~ames~ // 2:17 p.m.  

    i can't get over how much you read a month! i'm very jealous. lol

    wench

  4. Chantal // 11:44 p.m.  

    Mailyn, thats why I started a log online. I wanted to know how many books I read a year. I had no clue that I read as much as I do. That first month of recording it all down shocked the hell out of me.

    Nath, my aunt sent me that pic of Luc, and I couln't not post it, hehe

    LOL, Ames.

  5. Isabel // 10:17 a.m.  

    Damn girl, you read a lot. So jealous.

  6. Kris // 3:37 a.m.  

    That is an adorable pic, he is so cute!!

  7. ErinPaperbackstash // 3:05 p.m.  

    I agree re-reads can be great fun, but grow old in a row. :)