Campus Cravings: Coach by Carol Lynne

Published by Total e bound
Grade: A


Being a gay high school football coach isn’t easy, especially in a small town. For five years, Justin has repressed his sexuality in order to keep the job he loves. His only serious temptation is the father of his star running back. Sparks fly between the two men, and one Friday night after a winning game, Justin just can’t say no. Luc is the man he’s been searching for his entire life. But is this new relationship worth risking his career?


This is the first book in the Campus Cravings series. Justin is the coach of the highschool football team. He likes the dad of his star player, but he knows that he would never be accepted in town if word got out about his sexuality.

Luc has also kept his feelings hidden all these years, but with the help of his son, the two men finally get the chance to have a date, and the sparks really fly. Justin and Luc spend almost all their time together, and before long they fall in love.
After the couple is caught kissing by a reporter, Justin is forced to tell the school board what is going on with him and Luc.

This book is just more proof that all the hot nice guys are either married or gay. Coach is a touching love story, and I hope that everyone has the chance to find the type of love that Justin and Luc share.
One of the big reasons why I don't normally read short stories is because it's hard for me to believe in the love, and thats why I read romance...for the love. With shorts there just doesn't seem to be enough time for the people to fall in love. The Coach time line was perfect and Carol Lynne did a great job of making the love story believable.


7 comments

  1. ~ames~ // 1:17 a.m.  

    this was a good story. i would have preferred more mcluvin, but for the page count, i thought there was a good balance. :P

  2. reviewer // 10:57 a.m.  

    The more man love the better. I can't wait for the next (longer!) story in the series.

  3. Anonymous // 6:31 p.m.  

    Chantal, I'm not familiar with that epub, do you have an addy for them? Is this your first purchase with them?

  4. Chantal // 6:50 p.m.  

    Addy is http://www.total-e-bound.com/

    They have only been open a little while. This is the second week actually.

    It was my first purchase. I also bought KS Augustine's 'On Bliss'.

    My only complaint about the epub is the cost. I mean, after money conversion I ended up paying double the price listed.

    I have to say it was worth it though. However, I don't think I'll be buying from authors I don't already know and enjoy. It's too expensive.

    I will be buying the next book in this series though. It comes out on Monday!

  5. Anonymous // 2:13 p.m.  

    2 Men?

  6. Chantal // 2:33 p.m.  

    Gloria said...
    2 Men?

    Heck ya! Hot men, too.

  7. Kris // 10:36 a.m.  

    Have not heard of this one. Interesting. I had not heard of that publisher either. Cool. I will check them out.
    Note: in your second paragraph you said justine instead of Justin.