Books I read in August

Posted by reviewer | 5:52 p.m. | 10 comments »

There were five DNF's for me this month.
I didn't even add them to my '07 read list. Unless I review them, I don't add DNF's to my read list. Such a waste of time.

The Vampire Queen's servant was the biggest let down for me this month. I was expecting so much more than what it was. I have no desire to read the next book in the series, and that makes me sad. I have loved all of Joey W Hill's ebooks that I read. TVQS didn't float my boat at all. It' been the years biggest disappointment for me so far.

There have only been 4 reviews from me this month. Well, 5 if you count Claiming the Courtesan that I put up today. I *hated* CLTC. I want to burn the book, I hated it so much. Does anyone want it? Send me an email and I'll send it to you. Seriously, I am this close to ripping the damn thing up into pieces.

Onto something positive. The lovely Ames let me borrow Ride the Fire. Oh mygosh, it rocked!! Everyone has to read this book. I could not put it down for one second. I think I forgot to feed my kids the day I read it. I loooooved it. Thank you Ames! And thank you for my birthday present, too! Ames sent me a gift card to my favourite bookstore. Yah baby!
Read Ames' review of Pamela Clare's Ride the Fire here.

At the end of this month I will be doing an interview with author KS Augustin. She has published steamy books with New Concepts Publishing, Total e bound and now Samhain publishing. Check back soon to see her Q&A.

Don't tell anyone, but I am so far enjoying the LKH Anita Blake series. I have only read the first two though. I hear they are supposed to get really bad. Hey, everyone said the same thing about Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, and save for 1 or 2 of the books, I have loved the series.

Does anyone know how to make banners? I like the Vampire chick on my the couch, but I want a new banner with the girl in the picture for this post.



1)Guilty pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton
2)Twelve sharp by Janet Evanovich
3)The Vampire queen's servant by Joey W Hill
4)Guys and dogs by Elaine Fox
5)Megan's mark by Lora Leigh
6)Hot & bothered by Susan Anderson
7)Ladies man by Suzanne Brockman
8)Nuit aux trois by Melinda Barron
9)Let me entertain you by Summer Jordan
10)The laughing corpse by Laurell K Hamilton
11)Two weeks with a stranger by Debra Mullins
12)Ride the fire by Pamela Clare
13)Harmony's way by Lora Leigh
14)The Switch by Emma Wilde
15)Sonny's salvation by Carol Lynne
16)Garron's Gift by Carol Lynne
17)Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell

10 comments

  1. Anonymous // 6:38 p.m.  

    I would love to swap links with you. Please visit NetLaborer Free Employment Information and submit your link through Contact Us form. Thank you.

  2. Kristie (J) // 9:50 p.m.  

    I can't help you with your banner. I know NOTHING about those kinds of things but a big hearty SQUUUUEEEEE that you loved Ride the Fire!!! Isn't it an awesome book and now don't you know why me (or is that myself - not sure) and others promote it??? T'is a wonderful thing to see other readers also really enjoy a well-loved book!!
    And while I have CTC, I haven't read it yet. It does seem to be quite the polarizing book though.

  3. CindyS // 11:16 p.m.  

    I loved LKH until book 10. Then I read a few more and I'm officially done. I'm trying to remember which one I stopped with but I think I blocked it ;)

    CindyS

  4. ~ames~ // 11:57 p.m.  

    Yeah, I've been saying, the early AB's are good. And then you're sucked in and before you know it, it's too late to save your soul. LOL

    And you're welcome, wench. :P

  5. Anonymous // 11:27 p.m.  

    You are one of two people (that I've come across) that hated TVQS. It's definitely not for everyone and it appears it's either a love it or hate it kind of story-- nothing much in between.

    I'll be curious to see your reaction to the later ABVH books. My all time favorites are Blue Moon, Narcissus in Chains, and now The Harlequin. And yes, there is a big change from NiC on-- there is S-E-X in them. A LOT of S-E-X.
    L-O-L

  6. Stacy~ // 7:22 a.m.  

    I've only read a few AB books, though I have about 8 of them. Just never kept up on them. I do want to read Ride the Fire now. I'll have to see what it's all about.

  7. nath // 7:44 a.m.  

    hey there :D

    Seems like everyone's been lazy on reviews LOL :D I have never read the AB series, so I can't say anything :P I just hope you won't become addicted to it like Ames! and ain't Ames a sweetheart?

  8. Kaz Augustin // 4:02 a.m.  

    I think it might have been "Obsidian Butterfly", Cindy. ;) That seems to be the general point at which hardened AB fans starting throwing the books against walls.

    I'll be very interested in hearing your progress with the books, Chantal.

  9. Devon // 6:47 p.m.  

    I'm one of the few who never liked Anita it seems. The character that is. I read them because there were other characters I liked, though I started skimming more and more until I gave up.

    I liked the Merry Gentry series better. Mistral's Kiss was very silly. She just kept adding to many characters and taking the focus off of the interesting ones, like Doyle.

    I'm curious how it'll work out for you.

  10. Chantal // 9:35 a.m.  

    Hi Kristie, I'm searching ebay and used book stores for more books from the author. Ride the fire was soooo good.

    Hi Cindy, lol. I have heard that from so many people.

    Hi Ames, please don't let my soul get sucked. I think I need my soul for something, lol.

    Hi QB, I'm still sad over TVQS. I feel like I am betraying the author by not liking it. :(

    Stacy, post about Ride the fire after you get a chance to read it!

    Hi Kaz *waves* I get giddy when authors post on my blog, hehe.

    Hi Devon, before I started the Anita Blake books the only LKH I read was Mistrel's Kiss. Check my review archive for my opinion on it (it wasn't good)
    Curiosity got the better of me with ANita blake, so I caved and went for it. I like Anita, but my favourtie is Jean-Claude.