Fairyville by Emma Holly
Published by Berkley
Why I read this: I heard there was some good man on man love happening.


Zoe Clare is a medium who has no trouble communicating with the dead-or with real live fairies, for that matter! But she can't seem to get her feelings across to her landlord-slash-manager- Magnus Monroe, Fairyville, Arizona's most eligible bachelor. She's tired of his erotic antics with every woman in town but her. So when her high school flame returns to town, Zoe is more than a little vulnerable to his charms. How Alex broke herheart is a scandal no one in Fairyville has forgotten. But even if Zoe isn't ready to forget, she's willing to forgive. The rules they're about to break will bring out the jealousy in Magnus-and the astounding truth.


Zoe is a woman who has the ability to talk to dead people. She lives in Fairyville, a town that is known for it's magic.

Alex is a Fairy, however, he does not know that he is a Fairy. He is also Zoe's old boyfriend. They have not seen each other in 15 years.

Brian is friends with Alex and has had a crush on him for years.

Magnus is a Fairy Price. He is on this side...the human side...on a magic visa. The terms of his visa is that he must sleep with a new woman on every full moon. Winning her heart, then giving it back to her.

Even though Fairies are very sexual and can stand to do it several times a day, Mangus decides to only do it when he must-once a month. He is in love with Zoe, and even though they are currently only friends, Magnus can't stand the thought of getting into a relationship with her, and then having to cheat on her every month.

Zoe has very strong feelings for Magnus, and she wants to be with him, even if it means that it will only be for one night. Magnus sends her very mixed signals. He wants her, he loves her, but he doesn't want to hurt her. None of this he is able to explain to her.

There is not only a whole lotta sex in this book,(Alex/Brian, Zoe/Magnus, Zoe/Alex, Brian/Magnus, Alex/Zoe/Brian, Zoe/Magnus..all in that order) But there is also a pretty good story-line.

Alex was ran out of town 15 years ago after he had an affair with his coach, and at the same time, cheated on Zoe. Alex has loved Zoe all these years, and thinks of her as the one who got away.
Before coming back to town Alex starts a relationship with Brian, his Private eye partner.

Alex and Brian are investigating the possible abduction of a little boy. His mother swears that the child she has now is not the same one she gave birth to. So, Alex and Brain go to where the child was born to investigate. The child happened to have been born in Alex's hometown.

No one knows this right off the bat, but Magnus is the answer to the questions that Alex and Brian have about the (possible) kidnapping.

This was a pretty good book. Emma Holly is a hit or miss with me, and I'm happy to say that this was a hit. Yummy sex, good plot. I give Fairyville a solid B.

Having said all that, this needs to be said. I don't know about the print version of this book, but this e-version I read is horrendous! The editing is the worst I have seen in any ebook I have ever read. Not a single chapter went by where I wasn't pulled out of the story because of a misplaced word or crazy spelling. If I was the author of this book I would be demanding that every place that sells this ebook pull Fairyville off the virtual shelves until someone can get in there and fix the MANY problems. Berkley publishing should be ashamed of themselves over this.

3 comments

  1. Kris // 4:20 p.m.  

    I read the print version and I do not remember there being errors (there might have been a couple but I do not remember) If there had been a lot I would have remembered that. Sorry the ebook was that badly edited. You could write to Berkley or Ms Holly.

    On another note there is a e-epilogue to the story that is sold on amazon for 50 cents that is mmmf. It is very nice.

  2. Anonymous // 10:21 p.m.  

    I don't remember a lot of errors in the print version either. But I also have a habit of automatically correcting them without even realizing it, so I can't swear to it.

    I think Fairyville is Emma Holly's best work since Menage.

    The story was light and cute, but the sex was varied and freakin' HOT! LOL!

    BTW, Chantal, you have email! Enjoy!

  3. Stacy~ // 8:24 p.m.  

    I'm going to have to agree that I don't remember a lot of errors in the print version either, at least nothing that pulled me out of the story. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

    Kris, thanx for the info on the e-epilogue - I think I need to check that out....