Breaking all the rules by Summer Jordan
Published by Total-e-bound
Why I read this: I loved the first one in the series.



Margo Allen never expected to meet a hot guy in this staid neighbourhood and didn’t dream she’d fall in love with a younger man. But she never knew what hot sex was until she met Brit Hunter, or how much fun they’d have breaking the rules. Deceived by former partners, each has to learn trust, but making love and making up are fun to do. Frequency, location, performance, and love…Brit teaches Margo things she never knew.

I went into this book with very high expectations. Let me entertain you, the first book from this series was very well done. It ranked high on my list of the best books that I read in 2007. This book, Breaking all the rules, was just okay.

There is a 14 year age difference between the Hero and Heroine. Older women/younger men story lines rarely do it for me, and this was no exception. I did like seeing the couple from book one make some appearances, and the love scenes were off the charts hot!

Brit is the head of thier home owners association, and they meet when he tells her that she can't paint her house a certain colour. Both of them are attracted to one another, but Margo has a hard time getting over how much older she is than Brit. Brit gets frustrated with her attitude about that, and so did I.

Breaking all the rules was on Okay read, that I'll give a C. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I just wish that the conflict in the story had been something other than their age.

Also, its been months since I read the first book and I remember it like I read it yesterday. This book I read just a little over a week ago and I struggle to remember anything other than the amazing love scenes. Needless to say that Breaking all the rules is not very memorable.

You can read my review of the first book here.

4 comments

  1. ~ames~ // 10:34 a.m.  

    Argh! I started reading this not knowing the heroine was older!

    *sigh* I hate the whole "I'm too old" for him bit. Sheesh. Men have been doing it FOREVER, so let's get some already.

  2. Chantal // 11:00 a.m.  

    How far into it are you?

    You are right about men doing it forever. If the HEro has to b older, then fine. But don't make a big deal out it. Don't keep reminding us readers about it, KWIM?

    Really though, can you think of anyone you know who likes a book where the age difference is the biggest issue?
    I can't.

    Mention the age thing once or twice, then move on. Please!

  3. nath // 10:45 a.m.  

    Hmmm, I usually don't like older women/younger man storylines either. Maybe I'm too conservative?

  4. Chantal // 11:36 a.m.  

    LOL, NAth!! I am far from conservative, and I don't like them either.

    I'm sure that if authors stopped making such a big deal out of the age thing, then I would like them.