Books I read in June

Posted by Chantal | 10:47 p.m. | | 8 comments »

Pretty interesting reading month for me. Not as many books as I was reading this time last year, but still a good mixture, I think.

I'd like to brag about the Maya Banks ARC I got to read. Be with Me is out in November, and I am so sad that we have to wait so long for the release, because I want to talk about it right now! It's no secret how much I LOVED Colter's Woman. It's been a re read for me several times over. Well, Be with Me is better! There. I said it. FINALLY, a menage book that beats Colter's Woman. How cool is it that it's even written by the same author?
Way cool indeed!

I wont get much reading done the next little while. I have family visitng from Alberta, and they will be here tomorrow! Yay. I miss my family so much.
I do plan to post some fast reviews of The Darkest Kiss (DNF-it's a shame, because I gave the first book in the series a great review) and, Ain't She Sweet (B+).


1)The Bartered Bride by Mary Jo Putney
2)Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
3)Remember me by Sophie Kinsella
4)Be with me ARC by Maya Banks (A)
5)Bet me by Jennifer Crusie
6)The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter (DNF)
7)Combat! by KS Augustin (B)
8)Ain't she sweet? by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (B+)
9)Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich

8 comments

  1. Stacy~ // 7:00 a.m.  

    The only one I've read is "Ain't She Sweet?" - what did you think of it? I also can't wait to read JE's 13th book.

    Have a great time with the family :)

  2. Dev // 10:19 a.m.  

    I still need to read Lean Mean Thirteen before I read Fearless Fourteen. I started it last year, but never finished it. I borrowed it from the library last week, so will definitely need to get it read. I'm planning on taking it on vacation with me next week.

  3. Jill D. // 11:43 a.m.  

    I read The Bartered Bride too based on your glowing review. I will post a review soon for it. Overall I liked it, but it was a little on the sweet side for my tastes.

    What happened with The Darkest Kiss? I haven't read it yet, but I did read the first one. I didn't like it very much, which is one of the reasons I haven't read The Darkest Kiss yet.

  4. nath // 10:47 p.m.  

    Nice :D This is a nice step up from the past few months, no? :D You didn't enjoy The Darkest Kiss?

    Enjoy having your family visiting!!

  5. Kris // 10:28 a.m.  

    The only one that i have read of yours is Vampire Academy and I have Frostbite coming from the library this week.
    i am glad that you liked Be with Me, I love her books. I have not read that one yet. Is is related to Stay with Me?

  6. Bev(QB) // 1:10 p.m.  

    *sigh* Another month where you and I haven't read the same books. Actually, none of those are even on my wish lists.

    One of these days, you and I are going to sync up again.

  7. Chantal // 2:03 p.m.  

    Hi Stacy,

    I loved it :)
    And thanks, I'm having a great time with my family.


    Hi Dev,
    Have fun on vacation!


    Hi Jill,

    I'm eager to read your review for The Bartered Bride.


    Hi Nath,

    Thanks :) And I'll answer your email ASAP. I'm very busy with limited time. I'll get to it though.

    HI Kris,

    Be With Me will be released this winter in November through Berkley Heat (Print book). I wish it was sooner, I want to talk in detail about it soooo bad. It was really good. And no, it is not connected to Stay with Me.


    Hi Bev,

    What do you have in your TBR??
    Maybe we can do a buddy review for Breezing Through :)

  8. Bev(QB) // 12:41 a.m.  

    "What do you have in your TBR??"

    Check out my "Recent Savorings" for what I've read but haven't reviewed yet, and my "Soon To Be Savored" for my most recent TBR.

    It will be interesting to see how many (if any) match up with yours.