Reading meme

Posted by Chantal | 3:42 p.m. | | 4 comments »

I stole this from Holly. If you decide to do it, then leave a link so I can check it out :)

Contemporary, Historical, or Paranormal?
If I had to pick them order it would be,
Paranormal
Historical
Contemporary
I don't not like contemporaries. It's just that they tend to bore me more often than the other two genres do.


Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback?

I like trade paperback and hardcover to look at on my shelf, but I like paperback better for when I read the book.
Thats kind of an odd answer, I know, lol

Heyer or Austen?
Nothing beats Austen.

Amazon or Brick and Mortar?
I refuse to buy at amazon based on the fact that they are really shitty and unethical when it comes to how they treat reviewers.

Barnes & Noble or Borders?

Chapters. It's a Canadian one.

Woodiwiss or Lindsay?

Hmmm, well, they are both rather fond of rape, but I'd like to so no to both. If I had to choose... I'll go with Lindsay.

First romance novel you ever remember reading?

I don't remember the name. It was a Harlequin Presents when I was about 14.

Alphabetize by author Alphabetize by title or random?

Right now it's random. But when my new shelves get here, it will be by author.

Keep, Throw Away or Sell?
I give away the ones I hated, keep all the rest. I was selling on eBay for a while, but I like having a book collection, so now I keep all but the ones I want to burn.

Read with dustjacket or remove it?

I leave it on.

Sookie Stackhouse or Anita Blake?

Sookie for sure. Anita Blake stopped being good at about book 13.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
When tired. Or when I am pulled away to do something.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
They are both crappy starters.

Crusie or SEP?

I have not read either.

Buy or Borrow?

Buy print, borrow audio.

Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse?
I only buy based on reviews if it's someone I know and trust. I'd consider a recommendation based on who is wanting me to read it. I also buy by browsing.
All of the above then.

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger?

I HATE CLIFFHANGER ENDINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading?

Anytime I can. Mostly at night though.

Series or standalone?

Both. I don't want to decide between the two.
However, I admit to liking series books the best when they are in first person.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Child of her Heart by Cheryl St. John.

4 comments

  1. Holly // 1:31 a.m.  

    I've heard of Cheryl St. John, but I haven't read that book. I'll have to check it out.

    You really like 1st person better? Hey, that reminds me, how far did you get with JE's Plum Series?

  2. Chantal // 10:34 a.m.  

    Holly,
    I have read all the released Plum books. I even reviewed them all
    Check this out,
    http://dreamydeppmama.blogspot.com/2006/12/author-list.html
    and scroll down to -E-

    I find that I do like first person a lot. I wouldn't like it for every book, but the ones I have read in first person work well that way.

  3. Anonymous // 1:48 p.m.  

    Chapters is the place to be. I wish they would turn off the fireplaces though. Its too hot for that now.

    Thanks for the help with the breastfeeding. Those herbs you gave me worked wonders. I went from not not getting a drop of milk to pumping enough for the whole town.

    I owe you.

  4. Holly // 2:45 p.m.  

    Wow, how did I miss that you'd reviewed all of them? I thought you stopped somewhere around 7.