In Death Series

Posted by Chantal | 7:19 p.m. | 8 comments »

------------------------->
I love her shoes in that picture.

It's been a slow process, but I am on my way to finishing the J. D. Robb books.

Vengeance In Death was the last one I read. It is book # 6 out of I don't know how many.

I'm not going to get into the plot lines of all the books, you'll have to read them yourself to find out :-P. I'll just talk about the series as a whole.

What I enjoy about this series is that it gives me everything that I want. An example is that as soon as I told myself that I would like to see Summerset with a bigger role, he became the center of an investigation.

Summerset is a blast. Every scene he is in I enjoy. The back and forth bickering between him and Eve is priceless. I think that deep down, they really like each other. I always look forward to seeing Summerset in the books, so I hope that those of you have completed the series will tell me that he is still around.

Roarke. *Dreamy sigh* What a man. Eve is such a lucky bitch. I do think that at times Eve can be a bit hard on him, but it's who she is, I don't expect her to react any other way that she does.

Besides the fascinating world that J.D Robb has created, she has written a truly amazing woman to star in these books. Every story we learn a little bit more about Eve. We get a glimpse of the girl she was, the things that made her into the woman that she is. I'd love to have her at my back, or by my side in real life. She is a gem.

We can't forget about Mavis :) What a sweetheart. Like Summerset, I can't imagine a story where she isn't in it. I'm excited to find out what she will be wearing or what crazy thing she will try to get Even to do... like spa day, or a shopping trip! LOL

Good stuff. 6 books down 230 or so to go.

8 comments

  1. Jill D. // 8:57 p.m.  

    This is a great series, but I have gotten intimidated by the vast number of books. I have read up to book 6 or 7. Roarke is to die for and Eve is definiely one lucky lady. I love your thoughts on Summerset. They are very true.

    I should probably go back and finish the series, but it is just too daunting.

  2. Holly // 9:34 p.m.  

    LOL @ 230 or so to go. haha Not that many..but close. :)

    Isn't this series wonderful? You can thank me later. *snicker*

    I just adore all the characters - wait until you get a bit farther in. *sigh* Good stuff.

  3. Marg // 3:00 a.m.  

    I am working my way through this series at the moment. I just love that the quality of the writing in each of the books is so consistently good. If only all long series managed this feat!

  4. Lori // 4:21 p.m.  

    I still haven't started it yet. You were my lifeline, dammit! Now who else can I say hasn't read them either?

    Hell, now I know I'm gonna get sucked in, LOL!

  5. Kris // 7:48 p.m.  

    I LOVE this series, Roarke is THE MAN. Soooo sexy. The series only gets better!

  6. Chantal // 12:55 p.m.  

    HI Jill,

    Start up the series again. We can read them together :)

    Hi Holly,

    Thank you, Thank you, LOL

    Hi Marg,

    You are right. Most series tend to die off. This one just gets better.

    HI Lori,

    It's all Holly's fault! She made me!

    Hi Kris,

    Oh, yeah, he is The Man. Yum.

  7. Kristie (J) // 10:41 p.m.  

    I adore this whole series. I've read 'em all and I can honestly say I'm still loving them just as much now as I did when I read Naked in Death. I love how we see a 'real' marriage with it's ups and downs and it's conflicts and compromises. And it's resolutions. There are some might fine resolutions *wink*
    I love how we see Eve growing as a woman and as a person. She was such a lonely person in Naked in Death but now she has a whole network - a 'family' she has made of co-workers and friends.
    And I find it fascinating that while it's set in the future, many of the neat stuff almost seems possible - except 'droids. I think they are a long way off. But the 'links. Look at how far cell phones have come since the first book.
    Happy reading on the rest of this series. They are all excellent.

  8. nath // 10:26 a.m.  

    Well you know, there's a reason why the series is soo popular :) I think that at one point, the series gets a bit weak and I was about to give up on the series, but NR came back really strong!! and now, I'm really looking forward to the next one ;)

    Love Summerset and seriously, you're right... deep down, they like each other :)