Romance readers are ageless

Posted by Chantal | 9:14 p.m. | | 6 comments »

A few weeks ago I was walking out of Walmart and saw a gentleman, about 60 years old, sitting on a bench reading a Judith McNaught historical. For some reason that made me smile all the way home.

Then a few days ago, I went to vote for our federal election. My polling station was at a retirement home in my neighborhood, in the residence library.
An entire 4 shelves were all Harlequin romances, and upon further sneaking around, I saw many, many romance novels.

I'd totally fit in with that reading group :)

6 comments

  1. Dev // 10:10 p.m.  

    At the Friends of the Library sale last night, I was surrounded by women between 60-70. We were all vying for the same books. :-)

  2. Lori // 8:53 p.m.  

    That's just awesome :) And my70 yo mom spends more money on romance novels than she does on food. (not sure I approve of that, but...)Hmmmm, wonder where I got it from?

  3. Kris // 6:30 p.m.  

    Too cute!! I wish my hubby was more open to them.

  4. nath // 11:38 a.m.  

    Ohhh, that's really cute :) I say we should pool our collections together and open our own retiring home, LOL :)

  5. Rowena // 3:28 p.m.  

    There's always a group of 60ish year old ladies in my aisle when I'm in the bookstore.

  6. Holly // 3:44 p.m.  

    I miss you. :(