October reading list

Posted by Chantal | 10:50 a.m. | | 5 comments »

Once again I did not read much. I had some medical issues that put me out of commission for a while. I'm starting to get back on track. I have a list of books I am key on reading this month. Wish me luck that I get to consume them all.

Resplendence Publishing has a new blog, check it out
http://resplendencegems.blogspot.com/

Be sure to take a peek and get your discount codes. Remember that your purchases go toward a charity. :)

1)Dark Rival by Brenda Joyce
2)Mr. Cavendish, I presume by Julia Quinn
3)Tin Star by J.L. Langley
4)Healing Doctor Ryan by Carol Lynne
5)High Noon by Nora Roberts
6)Necklace of Shame by Carol Lynne
7)Up in Smoke by Katie MacAlister

Has anyone else read High Noon?
Stupid Question, it's Nora Roberts. Of course many have read it :)
I found that it was very similar to the In Death books. There were a few moments where I actually had thought I was reading an Eve and Roarke books, then got a bit of a shock when someone else's name popped up.
That bothered me, but other than that, it was a good read.

5 comments

  1. Stacy~ // 8:00 a.m.  

    I've read Mr Cavendish and High Noon from your list. I'm not much of a Nora fan - I prefer the JD Robb books - but I thought this one was pretty good. I didn't really "feel" Roarke or Eve, but I can see why you would have thought that what with her writing style. I was able to see them as separate characters and I liked them a whole lot. Now only if I could meet a guy who'd won the lottery *g*

  2. Isabel // 10:05 a.m.  

    I haven't read High Noon. I don't really read Nora Roberts.

  3. nath // 1:49 p.m.  

    That's a nice list :) I think you've read some pretty good books :)

    I'm with Stacy, I didn't really feel the Eve and Roarke in High Noon. The hero in High Noon was much more relax and bit less slick. I can see the resemblance for Phoebe though.

  4. Chantal // 12:05 p.m.  

    Hi gals,
    I'm new to Nora Roberts. I've read a few on her earlier books, and they didn't do anything for me (except put me to sleep)

    I only started buying her based on peer pressure from fellow bloggers :)

    It was hard to find a book of hers that was not part of a series.

  5. nath // 11:18 a.m.  

    Hey Chantal :)

    Did you try True Betrayals? Homeport? Those two are my favorites :) Although most don't seem to like Homeport... and they're not part of any series. Angel Falls as well? tried that one?