How do you spell PAIN?

Posted by Chantal | 8:55 a.m. | 7 comments »

Yesterday I burned two of my fingers. I was giving a cooking class to a bunch of 12 year olds. One of them had taken the tray from the toaster oven out, removed the garlic bread (made with home-made garlic butter), but she left the toaster tray right there on the counter. The tray had been used several times in a row on broil, so it was very hot. I was absent minded and picked it up with my bare hand.
Oh, my holy hell! It HURT!
Huge, ugly blisters. redness, I've taken the steps to avoid infection, and today it looks as it should.

I was tears. Okay, more than tears. Screaming sobs. No joke. It was pathetic.

There is still some pain today, and goodie, it's my right hand, so I can't do anything. Right now I am typing with just my left hand. Any idea how hard that is? I'm right handed!

This sucks!

I have tried to read, but it is difficult to hold the book with my left hand. *(^%&*^&*(~ Grrr.

7 comments

  1. nath // 10:23 a.m.  

    Ouch, ouch, ouch!! Poor you!!

    Well you can practice holding your book with your left hand, so next time, you'll be better :)

    Hope your hand heals fast!

  2. Chantal // 1:37 p.m.  

    Thanks :)

    It still hurts today. Shitty.

  3. Kris // 7:36 a.m.  

    Oh, poor thing, that has got to hurt, I am sorry. Glad it is feeling a little better, hope it continues that way (and quickly).

  4. Lori // 2:27 a.m.  

    Oooh, poor baby! Feel better ;)

  5. Bev(QB) // 8:41 p.m.  

    Oh man! I can almost FEEl that! OUCH! I hope it heals fast. You need to find a vampire and suck down some V-Blood. ;-p

  6. nath // 10:24 a.m.  

    How is your hand now?

  7. Chantal // 9:25 a.m.  

    Hi Ladies,

    I'm actually still in pain, and I don't think this is normal for such a small burn.
    The blisters are gone, but the redness is still very prominent, and so in the tenderness.