How to Abduct a Highland Lord by Karen Hawkins
Why I read this: The back cover blurb looked good.

Shy, quiet Regency miss, Fiona MacLean, must save her brothers from becoming embroiled in a centuries old feud that could mean the death of them all. All she has to do is commit one, teeny, tiny, barely noticeable . . . crime.

Sinfully handsome Black Jack Kincaid has spent his entire life philandering with other men's willing wives, trying to forget beautiful, wilful Fiona MacLean, so he's shocked when he awakens one day and discovers himself married to that very lass! Will he help her save her brothers and end a centuries old family feud? Can he accept being married to the woman who broke his heart so many years ago? And now that he has her, can he afford to let her go?


On the cover of this book is a quote from Victoria Alexander. It says "Fun, sexy, and delightful"
Normally I do not pay attention got cover quotes, especially since I have seen one or two books have quote from Harriette Klausner on them. All informed readers know that she is a joke, so why publisher would put her name on a book is silly at best.

This time, though, this quote is exactly what it says. This book was Fun, it was sexy, and it was delightful.

Fiona knocks out and kidnaps Jack. She tells the priest that she is with child so that he must marry them.
Fiona got it into her head that the only way to stop the fighting and death between their two families is to combine blood... with a child.

At first, Jack resists the marriage. He didn't want o get married, and he wont let the fact that he is now a husband stop him from doing what he used to do. Like going to gaming hells all hours of the night, and drinking.

Fiona, as feisty as she is, decides to play Jack at his own game, so she also goes to gaming hells and drinks, too.

It was fun to watch these two butt head and compete, while at the same time, fall in love.

How to Abduct a Highland Lord was a cute, fun, fresh read. I give it an A.

5 comments

  1. Lori // 12:58 p.m.  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  2. Lori // 1:01 p.m.  

    I'm so retarded... I had to delete my comment. I meant that I read the 2nd two and missed this one. (cause I read out of order like that, LOL!) So I need to get this one. I loved the other two, though!

  3. nath // 1:28 p.m.  

    I remember reading this one and thought it was really cute :D I'm glad you enjoyed it!! I'm trying her new contemporary this week :)

  4. Kris // 8:59 p.m.  

    Have not tried too many by her. I will have to keep an eye out for this one. Thanks, great review :)

    PS I posted pics of the kids on my blog

  5. Chantal // 1:14 p.m.  

    I have the next one in the series. I'm happy to read it ASAP :)