Grace Valley

Posted by Chantal | 6:36 p.m. | , | 5 comments »

Deep in the Valley, Just Over the Mountain and Down by the River by Robyn Carr
Why I read these: Having met folks from Grace Valley in the Virgin River books, I wanted to head on over to Grace Valley and read their stories.






I read these books pretty much back to back because that's simply how you must do it with the trilogy. In fact, I wont even call it a trilogy. I'd say that they are one continuous book split into three different packages.

Reading just a singular book wont allow you to appreciate the love story between June and Jim. Especially since they only have about 3 scenes together in the entire first book.
If you read each book, in the proper order, you'll not only fall in love with June and Jim, but with each and every character that Robyn Carr introduces into this wonderful little community.

Even though there is a romantic element to this series, I don't classify it a romance, but instead I'll call it a warm hearted fictional read that sweeps you off your feet and makes you feel like part of the town. I'm even tempted to sell our house, pack up my family and go of in search of a town just like Grace Valley. :)

I truly loved these books, and I hope that the author continues to write more stories for both Grace Valley and Virgin River.

I can't give these books anything less than an A.

In order,
Deep in the Valley
Just Over the Mountain
Down by the River

5 comments

  1. nath // 9:00 p.m.  

    Yay!! I'm soooo glad you enjoyed the trilogy! You can now understand my agony when it took me almost 2 years to read Down by the River! I just couldn't find it anywhere!!

    I really enjoy how the Grace Valley trilogy is June's story. I like following her, seeing the little town through one person's view :) It was definitively a great series :D

  2. Anonymous // 9:11 a.m.  

    I loved this series too. Although I didn't realize all of them contained June and Jim's story. I was thinking it was more like the Virgin River series. So I was really confused when, at the end of the first book, they hadn't gotten their HEA. But yes, I LOVE this author. Her books are so heartwarming and just leave you feeling GOOD, all around!

  3. Chantal // 8:51 p.m.  

    Oh, you girls, I can't even describe the anger I would have felt if I had to have waited months or even weeks to read the second and third books. And Nath, you had to wait YEARS! Eeeeek.

    I love how each person had their own story and we got to see their lives. It was a such a wonderful community. Sure, there was lots of gossip and a tad of bickering, but they all came together. A very supportive place to be.

    The story of Junes Grandma and her long, lost husband (I so want to read some of Grandma's philandering husband books!)
    Meeting John and Susan, and watching them fall in love with Grace Valley. June becoming best friends with the woman who stole her first love. All the road side and medical emergencies, and so much more.
    Another thing I liked is that it wasn't all peaches and cream. There was sad stuff... accidents, abuse, good people dying. But it made it that much more real.

    Man, I am so happy I read these books.

  4. Kris // 8:00 a.m.  

    I just finished this series not too long ago, I really enjoyed it too. I am glad that you liked them.

  5. Holly // 7:20 p.m.  

    I haven't read these yet. I was afraid they wouldn't measure up to the VR series so I keep putting them off. I'm going to break down and read them now. :)