Feb Reads 2009

Posted by Chantal | 10:15 a.m. | 6 comments »

This was an content reading month. No Ds, no DNFs. Yay.

We hosted a great contest over at Breezing Through-thank you so much for playing along. We hope to offer more contests like that throughout the year.

I've made another pie chart, hehe.

After reading Plum Spooky I decided to go back and read all the other in between the numbers books. They are pretty good. That Lula cracks me up every time! What a ho'. And Diesel? Woot.

Bones Crossed was my only A book for the month. It's always a good feeling to have your expectations met when it comes to books. :)

1) The Spy Who Wants Me by Lucy Monroe

2) Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson

3) Cabin Fever by Diana Hunter

4) Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

5) Conspiracy in Death by J. D. Robb

6) In for a Penny by Carol Lynne

7) Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

8) Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (re-read)

9) Coyote's Mate by Lora Leigh

10) Dirty by Megan Hart

11) Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich

12) Visions of Sugar Plums by Janet Evanovich

13) Second Chance Pass by Robyn Carr

14) Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich

15) Only Pleasure by Lora Leigh

6 comments

  1. nath // 12:05 p.m.  

    Still love your pie chart :D

    Looks like you had a great reading month :) Although perhaps too much C? but I guess we can't have it all :D

    What did you think of Conspiracy in Death? that one is one of my fav :)

  2. Rowena // 1:54 p.m.  

    Awwww, too cute (your pie chart) =) And you read a lot of books, did you review Second Chance Pass? Did you like it? I finished it last night and am having trouble reviewing it...I just don't know. *sigh*

  3. Kris // 10:50 p.m.  

    Love the pie chart :)
    How did you like the Only Pleasure?

  4. Jace // 2:37 a.m.  

    Oh, wow. 15 books in 28 days. I'm totally impressed! :D

  5. Chantal // 8:53 a.m.  

    Hi Nath, I know I liked Conspiracy in Death, but to tell you the truth, all the IN dead books blend into each other for me. I can't differentiate one from the other. They are good, and I enjoy them, though.

    Hi Rowena, I had issues with Second Chance Pass. I skimmed the last few chapters. Some of it was really REALLY good (like the over all story-I have a friend who fell in love with and married her second hunsband in almost the excact situation and time line. The only difference is that her first hubby was not at war when he died)
    But like I said, I skimmed the end. I gave it an even C.

    Hi Kris, it was OK. Not LL's best or worst. The book before Only Pleasure in the series was a DNF for me, but at least I finished this one. Even though it's been a few days I can't remember much about it other than I liked the heroine and that LL needs to find some new lovin' moves. Her sex scenes used to be the best. Now they are repetitive.

    Hi Jace, I did better with my reading last year, but yeah, 15 isn't too bad :)

  6. Holly // 1:32 p.m.  

    I adore that you did another pie chart. I suck at making charts, but I do love them so!

    Great list. I completely spaced out LM's new book. I need to catch up on her last few. Remind me to do that, k?

    I thought the between-the-numbers Plum books were cute (except for Spooky, which I haven't read yet), but I'm still annoyed at the initial cost (mostly b/c I paid full price for them..lol).

    I hear you about the In Death books kind of blending together. I never know which book is which, but I really do enjoy them.

    It's funny you say that about SCP by RC, b/c I thought the romance between Paul and Vanni was the weakest part of the novel.

    How did Dark Lover hold up as a re-read? I haven't re-read it in years.