Branded by gold

Posted by reviewer | 10:46 p.m. | , , , , | 5 comments »

Branded by gold, by Carol Lynne (Book one. Men in love series)
Published by Ellora's cave
Grade: B+

About the book:

On the run from her stepfather, Jenny Barnes wakes up in hospital to find
the two men she's loved for years are with her. Her stepbrother, Jake, and his
best friend and lover, Cree, have finally been called to her side after they
spent years searching for her. But when they take Jenny home to their new ranch,
even they can't keep her tormentor away. With the help of their ex-Seal buddies
they set out to keep the love of their lives safe and to capture Jake's own
father.


Seriously, I didn't know what this was about before I bought it. I saw the cover, fell in love with the hottie next to the girl and didn't think twice. Look at the lines of his face. Nice! I didn't even notice the other guy hiding in the background.

Jake and Cree, are two hottie guys who are in love. Please see this thread of conversation at Sanctuary's Finest for a little bit of opinion about hot male/male sex.
The guys love Jenny, and built their ranch with her in mind (she has her own bathroom and closet in the master bedroom) but they have not been able to find Jenny in years, so the guys don't feel complete with each other, or at home with out her.

When Jenny is finally found...in a hospital violated, and almost beaten to death, the guys are happy to find her, but angry that they were not around to protect her. They bring her home to the ranch where they hope to live happily ever after. It's not all smooth sailing, because Jenny's step father is the one who hurt her, and he is back to finish the job.

I liked this book. Jake and Cree are perfect Hero's. They are gentle giants who take their time with Jenny. Never forcing her to do anything she isn't ready to do. Even though Jenny has been to hell and back she is a strong soul who doesn't back down from a fight. I was rooting for her the whole way through.

My only problems..One of the guys is supposed to have an eight and a half incher. Yeah Ok. That does not sound sexy to me. There is only so much room in a body for that thing to go to. I'm the first to admit that size DOES matter, but lets not go overboard. There is such thing as too big, yah know.

Also, the dialogue tended to get long in some places. I felt like telling some of the characters to take a breath.

As far as I can tell, this is the first book for this author (at least under this name) She only has one book at EC, and I can't seem to find anything else for her on the net. I hope she writes the second book to this series soon. I can't wait for it! I want to read a story for Nicco, one of the secondary characters.

Go buy this book now!

5 comments

  1. Kris // 6:37 p.m.  

    That one sounds great. I will have to look for it. Thanks for the info.

  2. Holly // 1:52 p.m.  

    This one sounds pretty good. I'll check it out.

  3. Nicole // 12:42 p.m.  

    You crack me up, know why? Cause if I saw that cover I would have run. Gag! lol, I hate it! It looks so ghetto to me. And cheap. I like covers like JM's book below. RW. That's more my taste. I like to imagine what everyone looks like. No poeple on covers please.

    But the book sounds interesting. Maybe I'll read it. We'll see. I'm not hot on buying something I can't hold. E-books aren't doing much for me.

  4. reviewer // 11:45 a.m.  

    Ok, so I'm the only one who thinks he is hot ;-P

    Jazz, ever thought of getting an ebook reader (a hand held one)

  5. Nicole // 12:14 p.m.  

    Yeah but they are expensive aren't they? Maybe one day. When authors I really like are only doing e-books. lol. Like McNaught, Howard, Garwood, Phillips, Gibson, Kenyon, Moning ect. ect. You get my point. lol