Nauti boy

Posted by reviewer | 9:49 a.m. | , , , , | 12 comments »

Nauti Boy, by Lora Leigh

Published by Berkley, March 2007
Grade: B-

About the book:
Too weak to resist young Kelly Benton's attempts at
seduction, Rowdy Mackay left home eight years ago. Duty as a U.S. Marine put a
safe distance between temptation and the nubile Kentucky vixen. Now he's back
home and ready to engage in the kind of erotic games that have earned him and
his two cousins a Nauti-boy reputation in three counties.



Once it was Kelly's dream too-to feel the heat of
the boy she desired. But an attack from a stalker still on the prowl has left
Kelly terrified of a man's touch. Now as fear and desire converge, Rowdy fights
to save her from the deadly threats of a stranger, to rid her of her demons, and
to satisfy a hunger more powerful than either can imagine.



Rowdy's dad married Kelly's mom. When Rowdy saw that he was starting to have sexual thoughts about his 16 year old step sister, he ran off and joined the Marines. He would come home to visit through out the years, and even though Kelly had become an adult he still didn't pursue her. He stayed away from her out of respect for his dad.

Finally, Rowdy decides that he can't stay away from her. He has stayed hands off for 8 years, but now he wants a relationship with her, and he doesn't care what his dad, or anyone else thinks.

When Rowdy goes home he finds a different Kelly. No longer is she dressing sexy, flirting and jumping into his arms for hugs. She is jumpy, skittish and afraid. Right off the bat he can tell that something has happened.

A year earlier a man had broken into her apartment and attacked her. The guy is still around and is stalking her, and it's up to Rowdy and his cousins to protect Kelly, and bring down the bad guy.

This reminded me a lot of Marly's choice. Rowdy is her step brother, Cade was Marly's step uncle/brother. Kelly steals Rowdy's shirts, Marly would steal Cade's shirts. Cade liked to share his women with his brothers, Rowdy shares with his cousins. Stalker was after Marly, a stalker is after Kelly.

There are differences though..There is no heavy handed pushiness in this book. The men are not trying to bully or guilt trip Kelly into a 4-some. Unlike the August men, the Nauti boys share because they want to, not because of some twisted need from their childhood.

Pretty much everything that readers complained about in the Men of August series is corrected in this one. I'm not going to give it away, but this time there is a twist with the sharing that I believe will make a lot of readers very happy.

12 comments

  1. Isabel // 10:33 a.m.  

    It does sound a lot like Marly's choice. I'll still check it out though since it doesn't have the lame excuse as why they need a three way.

  2. ~ames~ // 11:34 a.m.  

    ACK!! I want to read this one sooo badly.

  3. Holly // 1:53 p.m.  

    See, I didn't dig the Lame-O excuses in Marly's Choice, so I think I'll check this one out.

    Did you read Coulters' Woman by Maya Banks? It's similar to this one. It was good, I liked it.

  4. reviewer // 2:21 p.m.  

    Yep. Very similar to MC. I'm pretty sure that people who both loved and hated the August Series will like this one.

  5. Kris // 9:48 p.m.  

    I cannot wait to read this. I have it on order from Amazon I am just waiting for it to come in the mail. It reminds me why I prefer buying at the bookstore ;)

  6. reviewer // 11:34 a.m.  

    Holly, make sure to post about it after you read. I want to know what everyone thinks of the little twist.

    Oh Kris, that sucks. Usually when I pre order books, they come to me before the release date. I get so excited when that happens.

    Zeek, Temping the best is on it's way to me. I can't wait!!

  7. Kris // 7:12 p.m.  

    I read this one yesterday in about one sitting, it was really good. I love her books.
    I am glad that you are getting Tempting the Beast, it was excellent as well. Especially because you get all the background for the series (plus some great love scenes).

  8. reviewer // 9:27 p.m.  

    kris, have you seen the excerp for the next nauti book? It't hot! It's the story for Dawg and Christa (the waitress at the diner)

  9. ~ames~ // 12:56 a.m.  

    Hey Chantal-I haven't had any time to read this. Grrr...this weekend for sure though. LOL I think I'm only on page 80-something. *sigh*

  10. Kris // 8:22 p.m.  

    No I have not read that yet, I willh ave to cruise on over and take a peek;) Thanks.

  11. Nicole // 12:46 p.m.  

    I think I'll put this book on my list of books to buy, I don't think my library carries LL. lol. Sounds good. But I must say that LL has a tendancy to 'keep it in the family' alot. lol. What's up with that?

  12. reviewer // 11:43 a.m.  

    Hmm, you are right, Jazz. At least with this series, plus the Men of August series.