All u can eat

Posted by reviewer | 7:05 p.m. | , , , | 4 comments »

All u can eat, By Emma Holly
Published by Berkley, 2006
Grade: C+

About the book:

When the body of a wealthy woman is discovered in an alley near Frankie
Smith's diner, Frankie realizes she's one of Chief Jack West's prime suspects.
The truth is, Jack's attraction to the sexy proprietor of All U Can Eat is
all-consuming-though he knows hauling her into custody isn't going to improve
his chances with her.


What neither of them realizes is
that the town of Six Palms is full of secrets that would shock even the raciest
residents. Determined to clear her name-and to get to know the police chief
better-Frankie joins Jack on a rollercoaster ride of an investigation. And soon,
letting go of their inhibitions seems like the most natural thing in the
world.


Diner owner, Frankie (I hate her name, btw) is dumped by her super model boyfriend. She mopes around for a while and then meets super hottie who she bangs a few times...against a wall, in a bed, and on a bathroom floor. Fun. She also has a threesome with a couple guys who not only own a mechanics shop, but also secretly tape their threesomes with various women in the city. She has sex with the Hero, Jack. Plus she also has sex with the guy who dumped her-That episode happened before he did the dumping though.

Someone kills a woman and frames Frankie for the murder. Jack the cop sucked at his job. I knew who the killer was way before he did.

I liked the story over all, but it was predictable, and the threesome she had was boring and weird. It didn't fit into the book at all. I didn't like the Hero. He didn't come off as attractive, and I really wanted her to end up Mike...the second dude she screwed.
I'm still a Emma Holly fan though.

4 comments

  1. ~ames~ // 9:50 p.m.  

    When I read your review, all I could think was "WHAT??"

    LMAO! But yeah, that threesome scene didn't work for me. And what I liked about Jack was how long he liked Frankie. :P

    And Frankie and Mike did it in the shower too. hehe

  2. Devon // 8:26 a.m.  

    I don't like the name Frankie for a heroine either.

    Haven't read this one yet. Not sure if I will.

  3. Kris // 9:38 p.m.  

    I was so close to buying this but I had not heard anyone's opinion about it. Maybe I will wait and see if the library gets it or I can get it used. I love Emma Holly's books, that is a shame. Thanks, chantal :)

  4. reviewer // 10:23 a.m.  

    Ames, you are right. THey did do it in the shower, lol.
    You know, maybe if Jack had been in the story I would like him better? Who knows.


    Devon, I'm not a fan of girls having boy names. It really bugs me.

    Kris, I was expecting a lot more. I enjoy EH, but this one disappointed me a bit.

    Zeek, hehe I just finished book 1. I'll have a review up for you ASAP.
    The only other breed book I have read is the one in the Hotspell anthology.
    I have two other BReed books..the last 2 that were released, but I don't want to read them out of order, so I need to buy the rest in the series.
    I'm a freak that way.