Feet first

Posted by reviewer | 11:02 a.m. | , , | 6 comments »

Feet first by Leanne Banks
Published by HQN
Grade: A-

Designing footwear is Jenny Prillaman's life, so getting the plum assignment to
create a socialite's wedding shoes is a dream come true. Dealing with the
heiress is another story. So is staying away from her dreamy new boss, a man too
hot to deny for long, despite Jenny's best intentions of keeping her business
away from his pleasure. Making Ballagio, Inc. an international success is
executive Marc Waterson's career ambition. But his life's desire is to find the
right woman and settle down. Too bad Jenny would rather follow in his corporate
footsteps than try on the glass slippers of a company wife. At least Marc's got
one thing going for him -- the way to a woman's heart is through a really great
pair of shoes!


Jenny is an assistant designer at a very popular shoe company. She is a plain Jane type of gal who has the hots for her boss. After discussing things with her best friends she decides that she is going to have a red hot love affair. Something that she can look back on when she is 80 and smile about. Marc is the perfect candidate for this affair.
After getting rid of her glasses, letting her hair down and dressing a little sexy, Marc starts to see her a different way, and sparks start to fly.

This is a good book that I ate up pretty fast. The sexual tension was well written, and both the Hero & Heroine came alive off the pages.

Jenny knows what she wants, and goes after it. Thats really good, however, at times she came off as desperate. She pretty much begged Marc to have an affair with her. She went as far as writing up a contract promising not to sue him once the affair ends. Oy.

Eventually, the lust turned into love. I enjoyed the way he asked her to marry him. It was sweet and rather romantic.

Read my review of the 3rd book Here.

6 comments

  1. Chari-Dee // 3:54 p.m.  

    I loved all three of these books. Really great, I hate to say it, but ummm "fluffy" reads. Very enjoyable straight Romance.

  2. Lori // 4:17 p.m.  

    Hmmm, sounds like a good afternoon read that doesn't require tons of brain power. I love these kinds of books. Thanks!

  3. Kris // 8:17 p.m.  

    I have only read one book by her but I remember enjoying it, it was a nice light read.

  4. Kris // 2:19 p.m.  

    Happy Mother's Day

  5. nath // 11:00 a.m.  

    I liked this book as well :D but I think my favorite is the second one :D Hope you get your hands on it :D

    by the way, Happy Mother's Day Chantal!

  6. Holly // 5:07 p.m.  

    Hey, I didn't know this was part of a series. Well, I didn't know Footloose was part of a series. That's the one I read. I hate it when that happens. LOL