Google Reader

Posted by reviewer | 11:30 p.m. | | 8 comments »

Have you heard of the Google blog reader? I have just discovered it. You list all the blogs you read, and when you log in it tells you which ones have been updated. That way you don't have to visit each individual blog to see if anything new is posted.
Uber Cool!

I'm starting to rethink my re read challenge for next month. I have decided that I will still buy new books, I just wont read them till July.
I only started collecting books a few months ago, so I don't have that many to choose from. Only 4 shelves. I suppose I could always go to the library to get some for my re reads.

Do you keep all the books you buy? I used to trade them in at the UBS, but over the last few months I have been keeping everything. I really must get rid of a whole bunch of them. There are many that I wont ever read again.
I sold some on Ebay not too long ago, so I'll do that again one of these day.
I'll also have some more book give aways here.

8 comments

  1. nath // 8:45 a.m.  

    Hey Chantal :D

    you've only recently started collecting books? So you used to borrow them from the library?

    Me, I'll go on a buying and reading binge for a couple of months and then, when I need to clean my shelves, I'll sort through all my books and decide what to keep and what to get rid of.... which is something I should do soon.

  2. Anne // 9:48 a.m.  

    Hi Chantal

    I LOVE Google Reader! I used to use Bloglines but when I saw that on Google Reader you could share snippets of fun blogs on your own blog(saw this on Jaci Burton's blog) I knew this was the one for me. Enjoy!

    I only collect books from my fave authors like Nora Roberts, JD Robb, and series from authors that totally rocked like Cindy Gerard's Bodyguards series and some from Susan Mallery.

  3. Anonymous // 9:48 a.m.  

    Hi Nath, I always bought them, I just didn't keep them. I'd trade them in at the UBS.

  4. Anonymous // 9:49 a.m.  

    Anne, I noticed you doing that on your blog.It's cool!
    I should try that here.

  5. Holly // 10:28 a.m.  

    I love Google Reader, too. It's so great. I might have to add that thing that Anne mentioned, too.

    As for my books...well, i keep them all. Yes, all of them. Even the ones I hated. It's a compulsion. lol

  6. Jennie // 2:01 p.m.  

    I use bloglines too but I've been thinking of switching to Google Reader because I'm sure it's better.

    I swap a lot of my books on Paperback Swap and donate a lot to the library. Unless I might reread it one day--then I have to keep it. :)

  7. ~ames~ // 4:46 p.m.  

    I'm going to have to try out google reader. And as for books, I only keep the keepers, everything else gets sent to the UBS or I give them away. I have some to give away actually...

  8. Shelly // 12:11 a.m.  

    I only keep my faves because I own waaaay too many books. I usually give my books away, sell them on eBay or take them to a USB. Be careful, collecting books can become an addiction. :o) Believe me, this is the voice of experience!