This is a sticky post. Please scroll down for new posts.


I'm pretty new to the romance book blogging community. It's only been a year since I switched this blog over to one being dedicated to the books I love to read. The very first reader review blog I ever came across was Sanctuary's Finest. I don't remember what the first post I read was, but do remember how I got there. I was visiting the blog of my very favourite author, and I had clicked on the profile from someone in the comments section. She had SF listed as one of her blogs. I clicked on the blog, and the rest as they say, is history :) Oh yeah, that person who's profile I clicked on was Holly. Also known as Holland and also knows as fiance to MM.

Now that the girls have changed blogs we know them as the girls at Book Binge. BB is one of the few blogs where I actually read every post. Normally, if I have not read, or if I'm not interested in whatever book they are chatting about, then I'll just skim or skip the post. Not at BB though. They know how to entertain us peeps who read their posts.

I thank them for introducing me to Lora Leigh. Before I read a review for one of the Men of August books I had never even heard of her. The review wasn't a positive one, but reading the review and knowing what the book was about sure as hell turned me on. lol.

I immediately did a Google search for Lora Leigh, and found out how to buy her books. She is now an auto buy author for me. Thanks Izzy. It was your review of 'Sarah's Seduction' that introduced me to erotica. Before that I have never even known such books were out there.

They also introduced me to JR Ward and Janet Evanovich. Two more authors who I would not have ever started reading if not for the reviews that Book Binge did.



One thing I like most about them is their friendship. When I emailed them to let them know that I was going to be doing a spotlight on them it resulted in a huge amount of activity. There were 96 emails going back and forth between them (I think they forgot I was there, lol) Oh, boy I have stuff on them. One is is completely conceited. One would be willing to make out with that guy on the left, and one is a crackhead. Yup. You heard it here first. It's all true, and I have the proof. Money talks, and I am willing to forward said emails to anyone who can make it worth my while.




Onto the questionnaire

How did you all meet?
Holly:We met on an author bulletin board. When I first started really reading romance I was searching for books by some of the authors I really liked and I came across the BB at Simonsays.com and after lurking for awhile introduced myself. Our friendship was born from there.

Rowena:It was a dark and stormy night, I had just finished reading The Prize by Julie Garwood and wanted more from JG. So I went online and looked her up. I came across this bulletin board that had a bunch of women talking about what I was dying to talk about....The Prize and JG's other books and so I read for awhile and then finally, I got the nerve to post something and I did, then Isabel welcomed me to the bunch and a friendship formed from there, Holly came along later and when she came along, the circle was complete. We're good and stuck with each other for better and for worst...I love these girls!

Isabel:We met on an author bulletin Board. I was looking for more books by a certain author. Rowena started posting about the same time. We hit it off. Then Holly came around about a year later.

How did you get started with review blogging?
Holly: Izzy started a blog long before the rest of us did. Eventually, though, she talked me and Ween into starting one. Then, we tossed around the idea (ok, ok, Ween forced us into it) of starting a blog to talk about and review books. And so we began.

Rowena:Well, Isabel had her blog first, then I came along and started reading her blog and wanted to do my own. So Holly and I started our blogs, then I made the other girls join me on a team book blog to read and discuss the books we were reading and Sanctuary's Finest was born, now we have Book Binge and we've kept the party going ever since...=)

Isabel:I think when we started our individual blogs, Rowena thought of doing a group blog about the books we read. She bribed me with reece's peanut butter cups.

Out of the other 2, who are you most alike when it comes to book opinion?
Holly:Hmm...honestly it depends. Of the three of us I'm the more opinionated and anal, so naturally I don't like as many books as the other girls. But...I guess I'd say Izzy and Ween are the most alike, though we all share similar taste.

Rowena:I think it totally depends on we're in the mood. I know that me and Holly LUBBBBBBBBBB Ben Lewis and love to fight over him and just totally love Heart of Fire by Linda Howard but Iz didn't share in our enthusiasm but that's okay because I don't really share their enthusiasm for the Harry Potter books, those two love those books and I don't but me and Iz love the Troubleshooters series and Holly LOVES to HATE them. haha.

Isabel: We usually share the same opinions. Although, once in a while, Rowena and Holly will come to blows over a book and I'll sit back with the popcorn and pepsi. The only book that got me all fired up was A Kingdom of Dreams. So I have to say, Rowena and I are the most a like.

Out of the other 2, who is very different when it comes to book opinion?
Holly:Probably me and Ween. We LOVE to argue about books. Love it. But we share a passion for a lot of the same writers, too.

Rowena:Me and Izzy aren't as anal about books as Holly is...so we like a lot more than she does. haha.

Isabel: Holly. She's so damn picky sometimes.

Not counting Kingdom of Dreams, which books have you had very different opinions on?
Holly: The Suzanne Brockman books. All of them. I hate those stupid books. Ugh. lol I'm not sure what else.

Rowena: See the answer to # 3.

Isabel: Heart of Fire. I thought it was ok and Ben was all right. However, Holly and Rowena just love him and think he's all that and a bag of chips. Holly and I love the Harry Potter series. Rowena hasn't read them and not into the books. There was also Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas. Derek Craven is my Ben Lewis.

Who is your dream interview when it comes to authors?
Holly: Wow. I'm not sure. Maybe Margaret Mitchell? Oh, did you mean someone alive? hmm, let me see..I think Linda Howard for me. She's one of my all time favorites and she hardly ever does interviews. Wouldn't it be awesome to visit with her?

Rowena: I want to do an interview with Meg Cabot...I don't know why, because I love her and she's one of my favorites but I just think she's so flippin' cool...and I wanna interview her, but I don't even know what kind of questions I'd ask her.

Isabel: Karen Marie Moning and Jacquie D' ALessandro. They are two of my favorite authors right now. I'd ask Karen Marie Moning for some spoilers on her series.


There you have it. How they met and how they got started.

All three girls loved Twilight. In honour of them I am giving away a copy to one lucky reader.



If you already have Twilight, then you may have your choice of Beauty and Beast by Hannah Howell or The Secret Lives of Doctor's Wives by Ann Major.

(Revised rules) Not everyone has a blog, so all you have to do is leave a message in this thread if you want to enter the contest. Those with blogs, please feel free to pimp :)

One of my kids will draw a name one week from today.

Good luck and happy reading.
Don't forget to stop in on Book Binge often. They are a rockin group of gals.

11 comments

  1. Holly // 2:04 p.m.  

    You are so cute! I'd just like to go on record now and state I was SO not the one who would kiss fugly dude. :P

    I'm so glad you found some new favorite authors because of our site. That's what we're here for. And THANK YOU. I feel so special. :)

  2. Isabel // 2:08 p.m.  

    Just for the record, the choice was fugly dude or dude with bad breath. I've kissed a guy with god awful bad breath and I could TASTE it. So not happening again. Just put a bag over fugly guy's head and there ya go.

    Anyways... lol. now that we got the straigt, Thank you for awesome post!

  3. Rowena // 3:59 p.m.  

    I BETTER NOT BE THE CRACKHEAD! LOL...because Iz is TOTALLY the one that will make out with no teeth guy! hahahahahaha...Holly's totally the conceited one. LOL.

    Thanks so much for spotlighting us on your blog, Chantal..you rock my socks and because I loves you long time, you can totally use my Cinderella line, ANY TIME YOU WANT! hahahahahaha...

    I'm so glad you enjoy our blog and that you found us, we lubs you bunches!!! This interview rocked!

    Hugs,
    Rowena, aka the cute...r than Holly one! haha.

  4. Anonymous // 6:22 p.m.  

    I just wandered over to check out BookBinge, ladies! I'm always looking for book recs, so I've added your site to my "Blogs to Watch" bookmarks.

    BTW Chantal, don't enter me in the contest.

  5. Chantal // 7:08 p.m.  

    vgWell darn. Is it the books offered that you are not into? Do yous want to check out my archives to find another book you want instead?

  6. ~ Mad ~ // 1:08 p.m.  

    My 14 year old just bought TWILIGHT from Borders yesterday. :)

  7. nath // 4:21 p.m.  

    This was an awesome spotlight girls!! thank you so much to Chantal :P and LOL, I think I can figure out who you were describing :P

  8. Jill - aka the JM // 4:47 p.m.  

    I love this place! I am bookmarking it as we speak! Can't wait to read it all.

  9. Kimberly // 4:51 p.m.  

    That was a great spotlight Chantal :)

    I've heard many good things about Twilight, but haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.

    Have a great weekend,
    Kat

  10. Daphne // 4:33 p.m.  

    HAHA. I love those gals too. :)

    Great post

  11. Kate Diamond // 4:24 p.m.  

    Great spotlight on some great people. Fun to hear how you connected!