Nauti Nights

Posted by Chantal | 11:36 a.m. | , , | 6 comments »

Nauti nights by Lora Leigh

Published by Berkley trade
Why I read this: Lora Leigh is an auto buy author for me.

James “Dawg” Mackey has lusted after sweet Crista Jansen for years. Just as many as she’s spent running
from him—and from that dangerous attraction that shot like a spark through her whole body. But now for Crista, running isn’t an option anymore because Dawg’s got a plan. It’s kind of low-down. And kind of hot.
Blackmail is a dirty word, but Dawg will use it if that’s what it takes to get Crista where he wants her. His hungers are too hard and fierce not to. He doesn’t realize that Crista has a longing too. She’s knows what he’s up to, what he’s capable of. He didn’t get that nickname for nothing. And before the night is through, Crista’s making him work for it.


This was a pretty typical Lora Leigh plot. Ultra alpha male wants mindless wimpy girl. Mindless girl wants Alpha male, but she is afraid of his sexuality. Alpha male blackmails her into bed. It takes only one kiss or heated look for mindless girl to lose the minuscule amount of braincells she has. Mindless girl is either being stalked/threatened or in this case, set up and framed for some bad things. Alpha male tells mindless girl to stay put for her own safety, but mindless girl is, well, mindless. So, she goes and gets herself kidnapped.

Okay, so is the probably the first time LL has written a blackmailed into bed storyline, but it still goes along with almost all her other books. Alpha male pursues the hell out his prey. Same old, same old.

When I read the first book in this series, I remember liking Dawg a lot, and I was excited for his story. I think I knew that it was going to be so predictable, so thats why I let it sit in my TBR pile for a little while before I read it. Usually when a new Lora Leigh books comes out I stop my current read so that I can devour her latest release. Thats been changing though. I'm tired of the too stupid to live Heroines. The same old storyline, and the amount of times someone is 'destroyed' during sex.

Nauti Nights is a C+.
My review of Nauti boy.


6 comments

  1. Isabel // 11:25 p.m.  

    LOL! Love it. Yeah, that's sounds like LL plot. But was the sex hot?

  2. nath // 10:28 a.m.  

    I've read two or three LL and never bother reading more because I thought the plots were too similar to each other and the sex scenes as well.

  3. Chantal // 6:48 p.m.  

    I kinda skimmed through the sex scenes this time. The over use of them destroying each other got on my nerves.

    I'm starting to feel that way, Nath.

    Yeah, the Breeds rule!

  4. Stacy~ // 11:49 a.m.  

    I read LL when I know exactly what I'm getting and I don't mind the sameness of the plot. They are comfort reads, in a strange way.

    LOL Zeek. Yeah, makes me think of the bounty hunter from Hawaii - not the type of guy I want to be fantasizing about.

  5. ~ames~ // 5:21 p.m.  

    LMAO!!

    It does get repetitive, doesn't it?

  6. Rowena // 8:59 p.m.  

    Hmmm, this sounds pretty good. I'm gonna have to get over my LL crap and just read these books.