Best books of 2007

Posted by Chantal | 5:46 p.m. | , | 8 comments »

It was so easy to come up with this list. I just thought of which books effected me in a positive way, and left me thinking about them for a long time after I finished them.

In random order,




Virgin River by Robyn Carr,
I was sucked in so fast. Right down to the very last line I was absorbed into the story. No book has ever made me wish I could move into it;s fictional little town as much as this one did.









Broken by Megan Hart,
If you look at my copy of Broken I'm sure you will find my now dried tear drops. I didn't just get misty eyed and teary. I sobbed and had to grab a tissue to wipe my face and blow my nose. Very good, very emotional read.







Coach, by Carol Lynne,
I absolutely fell in love with Justin and Luc. What I want the most when I read is romance. Love. I want to end a book knowing the couple truly deeply love each other. Coach made me feel that way. I wish that every author could describe love between a couple as well as this author does.






Annabelle's Courtship by Lucy Monroe,
This book is the perfect formula of a historical love story. I think it should be required reading for every new author thinking about writing this genre.








My noble knight by Cynthia Breeding,
I felt like I was right there while reading this book. I wish this author had a bigger back list so I could devour all her books. She only has two releases (I LOVED both of them)










Let me entertain you by Summer Jordan,
One word, Mike. Mike, Mike, Mike! I simply adore this Hero. They don't get better than Dr. Mike. I wish all Heroes were like him. I swear, I fantasised
about him for a month!





Confessions of a Werewolf Supermodel by Ronda Thompson,
This was so cute and entertaining. I was so looking forward to the next one in the series, and was sad to hear that the author has passed away :(
She was very talented.









Catch a Mate by Gena Showalter,
I knew going into it that I would enjoy Catch a Mate, I just didn't know how much I would like it. It was thought provoking and a little bit different than many of the authors other books. Definite re read material.





Submission Revealed by Diana Hunter,
If you want to read a book of true BDSM, D/s and not just role play, then you must read this author. Submission Revealed is the second book in a series, and it had me on the edge of my seat. Its about what happens to a couple when they are forced apart and put under a legal microscope based on their sexual actives and how they choose to live thier life. Very eye opening.




The highlander's bride by Michele Sinclair,
Another highlander historical. I have read so many of them, they are all the same, right? Not this one! I liked this book. A lot. I look forward to reading it over and over. The next book is out in July. Thats so far away!




All about Evie by Beth Ciotta,
All about Evie would call out to me when I went to the bookstore. I'd see it, read what what it was about, but I always put it back. Finally, I just decided to buy it. I'm not sure why I went ahead and did that seeing as I put it back on the shelf so any time before but I am so happy that I did buy it. Evie rocks!!! Its nice to find a Heroine who is so awesome in every possible way. It's funny, too.





2007 was a rather good reading year for me. I'm eager to jump into the new year and discover some more wonderful reads and new authors.

8 comments

  1. Kris // 8:30 a.m.  

    Well, I have only read To Catch a mate from your list. I have Virgin River in my tbr pile and from everything that i have heard about it, I think I have to move it up in the pile. Some of those sound really good, I will have to keep an eye out. THanks.

  2. Chantal // 8:56 a.m.  

    HI Kris, Besides Virgin RIver, I didn't much like any of the most talked about books this year. You can't ever accuse me on conforming, I guess. LOL

  3. Stacy~ // 1:52 p.m.  

    Definitely "Broken" would be on my best list. Haven't read "Virgin River" - my tbr pile is way too out of control, but never say never. And I have Gena's book in my tbr pile. I might consider doing a "best of" myself, if I can remember them all....

  4. Kris // 3:10 p.m.  

    Nothing wrong with having your own likes and dislikes. It is great that you are not afraid/shy to voice your opinion. :)

  5. ~ames~ // 9:13 p.m.  

    I've read two of your list (Catch a Mate and Coach). Looks like I've got some book hunting to do. LOL

  6. Isabel // 11:32 p.m.  

    I love Broken.

  7. nath // 9:21 p.m.  

    Great list :) I'm not sure about Megan Hart... I've heard a lot about this author... but I'm afraid to be all weepy at the end ^^;

  8. Chantal // 2:36 p.m.  

    Stacy, Virgin River seems to be on every ones list as one of the best of 2007. I certanly was really good.

    Kris, my big mouth usually gets me into shit more times than not, lol

    Ames, I'm angry at our postal system. I'm not even shocked that they lost the books I sent you. I know you would have loved Virgin River.
    Wasn't Coach amazing?? Did you review it, too? I can't remember. I'll go check.

    Isabel, we need to pimp it around some more.

    Hiya Nath, it was indeed an emotional read. I cried, but then I got happy. :)