Charmed and Dangerous by Candace Havens

Published by Penguin Group
Why I read this: I admit it, the cover attracted me.

When Bronwyn turned twenty she took the oath to protect, and for the last five years she's kept that promise, working as a kind of one-witch secret service to the British Prime Minister. Her arsenal includes a combination of potions, spells, explosions, mind-reading tricks, and general butt-kicking skills. But Bronwyn has a soft side, too-especially when it comes to Dr. Sam, the favorite physician of her new hometown, Sweet, Texas. He's smart, funny, adorable, everything she could want in a man. Except he's also a warlock-a big no-no in Bronwyn's book of dating. Being a witch is definitely getting in the way of her sex life. If zapping evil jerks is easy, why is finding a boyfriend so hard?

Yeah, this wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't get very far into it before giving up.
Written in the first person it opens with Bronwyn talking about how she has found the perfect guy. She goes on and on about him. He is laying beside her in bed, and the only problems is that he is dead.

Chapter one has her flying somewhere to do a reading for some Prime Minister. Bronwyn is a Witch.

Thats all I got, folks. The writing style threw me off. It was very awkward. It was written almost in a diary style. I enjoy first person POVs, but this one wasn't doing it for me. I almost made it to chapter 2.
Charmed and Dangerous is the first book in a series. I'll stop at this one.
DNF.

4 comments

  1. Dev // 6:34 p.m.  

    I don't think this one's for me. I've seen it around, have picked it up, looked at it, and put it back on the shelf. More than once. I think I'll more than likely just skip it ~ I've got too many books in my TBR pile as it is :-)

  2. ~ames~ // 9:10 p.m.  

    Don't you hate when bad books have good covers?

  3. nath // 9:20 p.m.  

    Ugh, I have this book too... actually, did you already review this book? or perhaps it was Kristie... and it was also a DNF. They change the cover and I wouldn't have bought this book if I knew it was "this" book...

  4. Chantal // 2:44 p.m.  

    Oh, crap. Sorry you got stuck buying it, Nath,

    Who knows, you might like it...