Succubus Blues

Posted by Chantal | 9:37 a.m. | , , , | 3 comments »

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

Published by Kensington Books

Why I read this: This has been sitting in my TBR since it was first released. I figured I'd go ahead and read it now seeing as the next book in the series is out in a few days.


When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants. The wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?
But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid’s life is far less exotic. Her boss is a middle-management demon with a thing for John Cusack movies. Her immortal best friends haven’t stopped teasing her about the time she shape-shifted into the Demon Goddess get-up complete with whip and wings. And she can’t have a decent date without sucking away part of the guy’s life. At least there’s her day job at a local bookstore—free books, all the white chocolate mochas she can drink, and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can’t. But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle’s demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won’t help because Georgina’s about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny…


What an adorable book. Totally unlike anything I expected. Succubus Blues is written in first person, and I have to say that I like that. I'm a fan of the first person.

Georgina is an immortal Succubus, who tried hard to fit into the mortal world. She is the assistant manager of a bookstore, and even though she has a small group of immortal friends, she likes to be with mortals just as much.

After falling for her favourite author, Georgina gives him mixed signals as to how far she wants thier relationship to go. She wants to be with him, may even be a little in love with him, but she can't even kiss him without draining away his life force. Yikes. Some relationship that would be.

Roman is another love interest she has. He is my favourite of the two. Georgina pushes him away as much as she can, but he is adamant about pursuing her. As much as I liked the Heroine of the story, Roman is the one who held my interest the most. I foresaw the twist about him at the end of the book, but I still love him the most.

Succubus Blues is not a romance, but it does have romantic elements it in. Since the Heroine is a Succubus you know that there is going to be sex in the book, and lordy, it is sexy indeed.

I liked Georgina, as well as all of the secondary characters. I hope to see all of them return in the next book.

Succubus Blues gets a B+ from me. Feel free to slap me on the hand for waiting so damn long before reading this awesome book.

3 comments

  1. Kris // 4:04 p.m.  

    I liked this book alot too. It was different. The next book Succubus in Top come out in January but i have seen it around already at some places.

  2. Isabel // 11:09 p.m.  

    This looks interesting. I'll have to check this one out. Thanks.

  3. nath // 4:16 p.m.  

    Okay, I've had this in my TBR pile since it came out... I really should read it :D everyone has enjoyed it!