Remember Me

Posted by Chantal | 8:42 p.m. | , , | 6 comments »

Remember me by Sophie Kinsella
Published by Dell
Why I read this: I like amnesia story lines.

Lexi wakes up in a hospital bed after a car accident, thinking it's 2004 and she's a twenty-five-year old with crooked teeth and a disastrous love life. But, to her disbelief, she learns it's actually 2007 - she's twenty-eight, her teeth are straight, she's the boss of her department - and she's married! To a good-looking millionaire! How on earth did she land the dream life??! She can't believe her luck - especially when she sees her stunning new home. She's sure she'll have a fantastic marriage once she gets to know her husband again. He's drawn up a 'manual of our marriage', which should help. But as she learns more about her new self, chinks start to appear in the perfect life. All her old colleagues hate her. A rival is after her job. Then a dishevelled, sexy guy turns up...and lands a new bombshell. What happened to her? Will she ever remember? And what will happen if she does?


Remember Me was a cute and fast read.
Lexi wake sup from an accident having lost the last three years of her life. She is very confused but also happy, because things seem to be great.
They are not great though.
Her husband, although rich and handsome, is not someone she can connect with. Her new best friend is shallow and not at all reliable, and all her old friends can't stand to be around her.

Jon, a man who works with her husband pays special attention to Lexi, and as kind as he is, Lexi doesn't want to be a cheater or complicate her life anymore. She just wants to find herself, get her old friends back, and be happy.

I wont give it away, but Lexi does end up with a man at the end of the book. I believe I was the right choice.

The bedroom door is closed on this romance, but it was a light, quick read. I liked it. I want to read more from this author, so I'll give it a B.

6 comments

  1. ~ames~ // 2:48 p.m.  

    I liked this one too. DOn't read the shopaholic books, but read Can you Keep a secret?

  2. Anne // 7:30 p.m.  

    i have GOT to read this now. :-)

  3. Anonymous // 9:00 p.m.  

    I read this and I liked it.

  4. Isabel // 11:16 p.m.  

    This one looks cute. I'm waiting for paperback.

  5. Chantal // 11:38 p.m.  

    Why not the shopaholic books, Ames?
    I do have them in my TBR. Well, the first two anyway.

  6. ~ames~ // 12:31 a.m.  

    Well I tried reading the first one but couldn't get into it. The heroine was getting ready to make a stupid decision and I didn't want to read that kind of book. LOL So I stayed away from all the shopaholic books. But the secret one is good and lots of people have recommended Undomestic Goddess too. I have that one in my tbr pile. :P