... And to hold

Posted by Chantal | 9:22 a.m. | , , | 3 comments »

... And to Hold by Pepper Espinoza
Why I read this: I'm interested in one of her longer length novels, but I wanted to try one of the shorter (cheaper) ones first to see if I like her writing style before I spend on the longer book.

Can an unorthodox solution relieve the tension between a bride and her impotent groom?

Mari is deeply in love with her husband, Justin. But shortly after their marriage, a tragic accident leaves Justin impotent. The newlyweds do their best to work around the problem, but no matter what they try, Mari remains unsatisfied.

Until Justin brings home his best friend, Paul...

This was a fast read. Only 66 pages on my e-reader. The blurb is correct. Justin can't get it up and spends a small fortune on various toys for his wife, but after a while she can't get off anymore, she needs the real thing.

Mari loves Justin and has never once thought of being with another man so she is shocked and a little bit angry when Paul walks into the bedroom for sex.

Like I said, it was a super short read and to add to that, it felt unfinished. Readers never learn how Justin's impotency causing accident happened, and we don't find out if they will continue the menage relationship.

It was supposed to be m/m/f but the only m/m part was a kiss. That was a disappointment. I was wanting some more man on man action.

My verdict for ... And to Hold is C+. I wish I had not been left with unanswered questions. It's true that stories this short do not require a lot of history, but I think a few extra lines would have answered questions that I want to know.

Even with the abrupt ending I liked it enough to want to read the longer one. If you are looking for a super fast m/m/f with just a touch of m/m, then this is the book for you.

3 comments

  1. nath // 12:41 p.m.  

    Hmmm, sounds like an interesting book. Can't wait to see what you think of the longer novel!

  2. Number One Novels // 5:45 p.m.  

    This book doesn't sound like my kind of novel, but I wanted to say that I like the elements on your site. Nicely done!

  3. Chantal // 2:15 p.m.  

    Thanks, Number One Novels, I'm glad you stopped by :)

    Nath, the longer one was good. I'm happy :)